Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day

The new Disney true life adventure movie, Chimpanzees, opened this weekend.  Mark and I are going to the 11 a.m. show at Downtown Disney.  I think this is the fifth one in the series, and I've heard it's going to be the BEST!  If you get a chance to go to a Disney Store in your neighborhood today, you can get a free reusable tote bag if you turn in 5 plastic grocery/WalMart type bags for recycling.  In the past they have given away things like water bottles, hats, and totes.  Mark and I always went to the Disney Store at either Annapolis Mall or Arundel Mills Mall for these things.  We had planned to go to the one at the Florida Mall, an hour north of us, to get the free tote bags today, but the mall doesn't open until NOON!  No time for us to go today.  Sniff.

Still, we get to go to the movie at 11. 

Then I have to rush back to sing "Colors of the Wind" at a friend's piano recital.  She has two students who are each playing a few songs.  Then I'm singing my song while my friend Lana, the piano teacher, accompanies me.  Our friend Jonathan will play two flute pieces and Lana will finish the recital with a piano solo.  It will be a lovely afternoon, beginning at 2 p.m.

I should have said NO when she asked me because it really puts a squeeze on my day.  I have to be at the ballroom at 4:30 to get ready for the second night of the Starliters show.  That's not going to happen now.  I warned our director that I thought I'd make it by 5:30, so she wouldn't worry when no one saw me around.  Warm ups begin at 5:45, so if I get there at 5:30, I will still have time to put on my costume and have my make up checked before rushing out to join them for warm ups.

Last night's show was a complete sell-out, 375 seats.  They were a great audience and the choir did a fantastic job.  I thought my partner for "Do You Love Me?" did the best job he had EVER done. We were a hit, I think.  Tonight's audience is almost a sell-out, too! 

The good thing about all these rehearsal and early calls is that there's been very little time to eat!  I have had leftover lean turkey and broccoli for the last two nights for dinner.  My daily calorie count has not exceeded 1100 for the last three days.  Today and tomorrow should be the same, so I anticipate a nice weight loss this week.  I actually got on the scale this morning, and it's looking good!  Being back on track feels good.

Happy Earth Day everybody!  Recycle something.

1 comment:

  1. Becky,
    I am very glad that your show is going so well. Congratulations on a good weight loss so far this week.

    ReplyDelete