Thursday, April 5, 2012

Robin is here!

Robin arrived yesterday, and there's been non-stop girl talk and fun ever since! We got her settled in and then took a drive around the community, looking at the Village Center and all the pools. Then we decided to go to the Palms for pool and Mahj. The pool temperature was so nicely warm that it was delightful to float around until we wrinkled. We got out and played two-handed Mah Jongg under a nice umbrella. The new card had arrived, but Robin had not seen it yet. We shared the card and played for a couple of hours. Robin won three games, and I won two. We both liked the new card.

Mark made us a great spaghetti dinner, and the evening was full of TV and relaxing. It was a great day.

Today we have a lot of work to do to turn the kitchen over for Passover. I have gotten a good start, but I have to wait for Mark to come back from shopping because I need massive quantities of aluminum foil to cover all these surfaces! LOL! My cleaning lady will be here in the late afternoon while we are going up to the airport to pick up our friend Frank P. It's definitely starting to look like Passover here.

Since I never got around to writing a blog yesterday, I didn't report my weight. I was massively disappointed. I thought I had had a good week, although I knew I went over my limit last Wednesday for our big dinner party. I thought the rest of the week would make up for it. I was under the limit the rest of the week. Well, I gained one pound. I have several theories for this. First, I did go over the calories last Wednesday; I ate out Sunday night and might have underestimated that day's calories; I had hot dogs for dinner Monday night and a small bag of chips with a tuna sandwich for lunch Tuesday. Both of those things fit into my plan, calorie-wise, but they probably had a lot more sodium in them than I used to eat. The scale may have been reflecting some water retention. My other theory is lack of exercise. I only took one walk the entire week that I logged in, although I did walk all around Epcot and the Studios on Sunday. Finally, the other possibility is that I wrote down too low a weight last week. I wrote 250.9, but my scale is crazy. If I get on and off several times, or kick it around the floor, or stand in a different spot, I will get a different number. So...last week I had gotten three different numbers: 250.9, 251.9, and 252.9. I was so excited with the lowest one, which I got last, that I wrote that down. Perhaps I should have picked the highest one. I still would have shown a loss last week and THEN I would also have shown a loss this week. Yesterday I weighed 251.9. Officially, that's a gain of one pound, but if I had written the higher number, I could have reported a pound loss. Well, maybe I'll write that higher number in the future if there's a choice!! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment