Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Happy Birthday, Evey!









Big doings today!

First, it's Evey's 25th birthday. Amazing. Happy Birthday, Evey! I am sorry I can't be there in person to celebrate it with you. You are too far away, but I will call you later tonight. Maybe even with Facetime! Yay for iPhones!

I can't tell you how proud Dad and I are of you. You have accomplished so much in such a short time in your life: excellent record at the CES/JDS, great time on your Europe/Israel trip in 2005, a fantastic record at Northeastern as you sang with Distilled Harmony and still graduated with high honors as an Athletic Trainer, getting a great job in a PT clinic, getting married to a wonderful man, then completing your Masters in Applied Nutrition in the record-setting time of a year and a half. And while you accomplished all of this, you have been a sweet, loving person who has surrounded herself with wonderful friends who also love you.

Wow! You are just amazing. I can't wait to see how the next 25 years go. God Willing, Dad and I will be around for a lot of those years.

As I type this blog, I am listening to the piano tuner in the living room going plunkety-plunk trying to make this piano get somewhere near the right pitches. I have not had this old piano tuned in about 15 years. The last time I tuned it was when Evey was taking lessons. I think she stopped around age 10. It's pretty bad. He's not guaranteeing he can do it, and he's saying strings may break. Yikes. This is going to cost a fortune, I know.

On the plus side, he has excellent credentials, so I know the piano is in good hands.

Later today, Robin O. is arriving! She flew to Tampa yesterday to see her son and will drive over here sometime in the late afternoon. I'm excited to have a friend from Maryland come down and see the house. She will be here through Saturday morning, which means she gets to celebrate the first seder with us.

PS. Just got a phone call from Robin. She has so much to do in Tampa with son Evan that she is not coming until tomorrow. That's fine. It's way more important to spend time with her son!

PPS Piano tuner has just left. It cost a bit more than I expected, but he actually got it to A440! That's a miracle that won't last until I have him back in June. I might do it because it will cost less than today for the touch-up service.

No comments:

Post a Comment