Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quicky

I weighed 257 this morning, so I'm pleased. That's down several pounds since last Wednesday, although I still have six or seven to go to beat the week before Passover! I'm back on track today. Mark and I took a 30 minute walk this morning. I went 1.25 miles. That's not my fastest pace, but I'm ok with it.

Thanks to Rhonda and Robin for your supportive comments yesterday. I went to my Starliters rehearsal last night, and singing helped boost my spirits. Today I woke up full of energy. I made appointments for two blood tests for the future, my next mammograms and breast ultrasound in July, and a surgeon appointment for next week. The seroma in the area of the lumpectomy has been there for two ultrasounds now. Although it has not changed, the oncologist wants a surgeon to evaluate it. I don't think he'll want to do anything. It's not large, causes no pain, and has not changed for six months. I also balanced my checkbook, an odious chore but necessary. I did some laundry, practiced the piano, and tidied up. What an exhilarating morning!

I am heading out now for "The Works" at my local salon: pedicure, gel manicure, hair color and trim, and waxing. Oh, YEAH! I'm pampering myself and getting ready for the big shows this weekend. We have an audience of local high schoolers coming Friday night for the dress rehearsal, then it's show time Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I'll be exhausted but happy when it's over.

Wishing everyone a fantastic day!

2 comments:

  1. Becky,
    Congratulations on the weight loss! I am glad that you are feeling better today. I can't wait to see pictures of your shows this weekend when you have the time to post them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rhonda. Mark will be going to the show Monday night and plans to take pictures. Hopefully, they will turn out and I can post them on Tuesday. I was happy to be down a few pounds Wednesday morning. Now it's Friday morning and I'm up about a pound and a half. I haven't not been good the last two days. I plan to get back on track today. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete