Monday, June 18, 2012

Four Glorious Days

I have had no time to blog since Lowell and Emily arrived.  I will now try to catch everyone up on all of our fun, but before that let me mention the weight thing.  I spent two solid weeks, from Wednesday, May 30 to Wednesday, June 13, following my diet plan to the "T."  I walked in the morning, did weights, swam, and kept the calories at 1200 or less, often 1000 or less.  I was rewarded with an 8 pound loss, going from 254 to 246.  I did all of that in order to have some leeway to put a bit back when the visitors and our trips started on June 14. 

It worked perfectly.  I lost the 8 in two weeks and then in just 4 days I put back almost 7.  I looked back at a previous blog in which I wrote that I had hoped all the walking would off set some of the calories. I don't think it did. It was pretty depressing to see how fast it goes back on compared to how hard it is to take it off.  I only have today to behave myself before our next guest, Reuben, comes tomorrow.  There will be six days with him, then three days by ourselves where I will behave, followed by two weeks of travel to MD, NJ, and NY.  My plan worked, but I put the 8 back on so much faster than I thought I would. Now I don't have much leeway for the rest of the time.  Sigh. 

Now for the fun stuff.  Our time with Lowell and Emily was terrific.  Here's a short version of all the fun and some pictures.

Their arrival was tough.  They were scheduled to land at 2:55 p.m. on Thursday.  We got there at that time and learned they had been delayed out of Baltimore because the plane had to have tires changed.  The Arrivals board had them listed for 3:40.  We got lattes at Starbucks and settled down to wait the forty minutes.  Hm...4 p.m. and no sign of the plane.  The board still said 3:40.  I went to Information to ask and learned that the huge thunderstorm we were having caused the airport to close temporarily, so their plane was diverted to West Palm.  The new arrival time was 6:06.  OK, we didn't mind waiting another two hours, but our tickets to the 6 p.m. Cirque du Soleil show were now wasted.  Although they said they were nonexchangeable and nonrefundable, we made a few phone calls and an email and were rewarded with new tickets for the next night's show instead.  I LOVE Disney customer service!  They finally landed safely, and we went to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner at Boma's.  Fantastic.

Friday was the wine tour, which was awesome.  It took longer than we anticipated and then we had the 6 p.m. show of Cirque to attend, so we didn't get to do the airboat or swim.  Well, maybe next visit.  When we returned from the show, we ate a delicious Shabbat dinner of Tofu Lo Mein that Mark had made earlier.  Delicious!

Saturday was Animal Kingdom and Epcot.  It was mid-80s, no rain, light breeze, low humidity, and low crowds.  It just doesn't get better than that at a Disney theme park, so they had the BEST experience possible. 

Sunday we had our Father's Day buffet at Stonegate Grille and then sent them to the airport.  I would have been sad to see them go, but I know that we are going to Maryland soon and will see them several times while we are up there.  The security line was pretty short, and they got out to their gate quickly.  Unfortunately, the plane had multiple issues, so they sat in the plane for nearly two extra hours before taking off.  UGH!  Lowell said that is probably the last time they are going to fly on Southwest.  I don't blame them.

Today I'm going to have a relaxing day, play some Mah Jongg, go to the gym, and eat healthy.  Tomorrow we pick Reuben up at the airport at 10 a.m. and head straight to Magic Kingdom.  I suspect there will not be a blog for awhile because we will be leaving the house early and coming home late, very tired, for six straight days.  Tomorrow morning I will write a brief blog with our six day itinerary on it, so at least you will all have an idea of what we are doing each day.  Then I guess there will be a big blog after he leaves with pictures.

Meanwhile, enjoy these pictures of Lowell and Emily's visit. It was FANTASTIC!




















No comments:

Post a Comment