Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lowell and Emily

The day that I have been eagerly anticipating for months has arrived!  This afternoon, at 2:55, we will pick Emily and Lowell up at the Orlando airport for four glorious days. I am very excited because we have not seen them in months and months.

When we get them, we are heading straight to Downtown Disney for a little stroll around before hitting the Cirque du Soleil show, La Nouba.  Then we are going to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Boma.

Tomorrow we are going to the Lakeridge Winery in Clermont for a tour and tasting.  At the end of next week, Lowell and Emily are flying to California for wine tours, so this is kicking off the theme of their vacations.  After the tour, we will have lunch at the only kosher deli in the area, which also happens to be in Clermont.  After lunch, we are taking them to the air boat ride in Lake Toho, not far from our house.  Depending on their energy levels, they might then get to go swimming at The Palms before dinner.  Mark is cooking a nice Shabbat dinner of Tofu Lo Mein.  Ha Ha!  Very traditional, right?

Saturday will be the Disney park day.  We are starting off at Animal Kingdom and then ending up at Epcot with dinner at the British pavilion in the Rose and Crown.  With any luck, our seat will be near a window, or even outdoors, so we can watch Illuminations over the lake while we eat.

Sunday is Father's Day.  How nice for Mark to spend part of Father's Day with his son.  We will take them to the breakfast buffet the Stonegate Grille up in the Village Center, but then we have to head straight to the airport to send them back to Maryland.  That way Emily gets to spend some of the day with her dad, too.

I hope everyone is already exhausted just reading this! 

In preparation for the massive eating that will happen at Boma's tonight, I just walked 2.5 miles in 54 minutes.  I went down to the lake and around again, but this time I carried a water bottle with me!  Once I have my little breakfast and put some laundry away, I'm going out to take a 45 minute water aerobic class from 10:30 to 11:15.  Between the two sets of exercise, my phone app says I will burn 448 calories. I figured that's a nice dessert at Boma's tonight!  Whoo Hoo!

Meanwhile, I was rewarded with another small weight loss this morning.  I was 245.9 this morning!  I loved seeing that five in there.  Well, that will end today.  I had hoped to lose 10 pounds in two weeks before the kids got here. I started at 254, so I got pretty close, eight pounds.  Anyway, I have no regrets because I did the best I could.  Eight pounds in two weeks is still a great amount.  Ten was a big stretch.  I am hoping that all the walking we do while they are here as well as trying to be somewhat reasonable at the restaurants will at least keep me around the same weight.  Even if I regain one or two, I will have a day and a half to be strict again before Reuben gets here next Tuesday for his six day vacation.  I will keep you posted.  Meanwhile, it's time to get ready for the day!

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful day with your son and his girlfriend. Congratulations on 8 pounds in two weeks. That is a wonderful accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete