Wednesday, June 13, 2012

No Pizza

Mark and I were very busy at home yesterday with lots of things involving sitting!  LOL!  I did not exercise at all.  I was too tired to go out for the morning walk, and by the time we were ready to go swim, the afternoon storms had begun. Oh, well...

We had planned to get a free dinner at NYPD Pizza right down the street because we had a coupon for one free pizza, dine-in only from a book of coupons that Mark had bought last year.  The coupon expires June 30, so we had planned on using it last night for quite some time.  Well, they refused to honor it.  Weird because we had already used two other coupons from the same book in the same place. Unfortunately, we had torn the coupon out and given the rest of the book away, so we had no proof that this location was participating.  We had already ordered and been served our drinks before the manager denied the coupon.  Mark was so mad that he said we were just going to pay for our drinks and leave.  At least they gave us the drinks for free, but the young waitress was so nice that he put down a generous tip for her trouble.  When we got in the car, he said he would never go back.  I don't understand these business practices.  For the price of the 10.99 cheese pizza, this manager has now potentially lost hundreds of dollars from future orders we will no longer place.

So instead we went to Denny's.  They have their new menu items for the summer out, and Mark was disappointed that I didn't want to go last week.  He ordered the new fish tacos and LOVED them!  I ordered the Florida Sunshine Chicken Citrus Salad (or some name similar to that!  LOL!).  It was also fantastic.  It had oranges, almonds, and strawberries on field greens with the grilled chicken.  It was also listed as under 550 calories.  I left the dressing off, so it was probably even less than that for me.  It came with the herb toast, which I love and which I ate.  That's about another 170 calories.  That was a LOT less calories than I had planned to eat at the pizza parlor.  Sadly, I ate those extra calories anyway when I ordered the Strawberry Pancake Puppy Sundae.  What?  Why did I do that?  I gave Mark one third of it, but it was still around 350 calories. 

My total calories for yesterday came in at 1450.  Not bad at all. If I had exercised at all, it would have helped, but I still go good news this morning.

Down .6 pound!!  I know it's not a lot, but I'll take it.  This morning I weighed 246.4!!  I am very happy for that.

I am so encouraged that I'm definitely going out for my fasting cardio walk.  Unfortunately, when I walked out of the bedroom I got a huge cramp in the muscle on the right side just around the hip level. I'm blaming it on the golf!  So I limped to the kitchen, made coffee, and sat down here to write this blog until I felt like I could get up and walk again.  UGH!  It's always something.  Well, the blog and coffee are both done.  Time to try to walk. 

5 comments:

  1. It's a bummer that you didn't get to eat your free pizza, but it sounds like you made off a lot better anyway. Your dinner at Denny's sounds yummy! Congrats on your .6 pounds, that is great news, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brandie,
    Thanks. How's your weight loss going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again,
    I read your blog today, Brandie. It was a good one. Thanks. I want that digital scale to weigh food. I've been talking about it for awhile. Mine is 30 years old! UGH. Not too accurate anymore, I'm sure. I tried to post this comment on your blog, but I don't think it worked. Hope you see this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure you drink lots of water and eat a banana every day. That will help with the leg cramps. Also use icy hot cream.

    Off to swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Robin,
    Enjoy your swim. Walking seemed to work that weird cramp out of my hip. I blame it on the mini golf, both swinging and bending down to get the ball out of the hole. I definitely drink lots of water and eat a banana every night because I was plagued with terrible leg cramps almost every night for awhile. The water and banana definitely help.

    ReplyDelete