Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy Weigh-in Wednesday

My diet and exercise plan was 100% on target this week. I did everything I was supposed to do and was rewarded with a seven pound loss.  247 was the number greeting me on the scale this morning. I have not had that number in a year!  Very nice.

I walked 15-20 minutes fasting first thing every morning; I kept my calories to 1100 or less each day; I ate all my meals at home and only what I planned; I went to the gym to do weight machines three days; I took additional walks or swims three times during the week.  When you do the right things, you get rewarded.

Having said that, I know that a big loss is also typical for the first strict week of any diet.  The second week tends to be 1-2 pounds, if that.  I also will NOT be eating all of my meals at home. I had lunch out today.  I will be having lunch and dinner out tomorrow, lunch out on Wednesday, lunch and dinner out on Sunday, and dinner out on Tuesday.  I do plan to continue the morning fasting cardio and weight machines.  Hopefully, I will also do alright in the restaurants.  These are not special restaurants or with other people, so that tends to make it a bit easier.  Tuesday night will be pizza, so there will be calories and sodium in that one!  I'll see next Wednesday.

On Saturday after synagogue, Mark and I stopped at Downtown Disney to go to the car show.  What seemed like hundreds of vintage and special cars were in the parking lot and in front of the stores at the West Side of Downtown Disney. I love looking at car, and it was free!  We strolled around in the hot sun in our dress up clothes, very inappropriately dressed for the event and the weather, but it was worth it.  I really enjoyed seeing the Rolls Royce, Ferrarri, lots of old Packards, many Fords and Chevys  from the '50s and '60s.  I especially enjoyed seeing some cars that my family used to have like the red and white VW mini bus and the red and white Ford Fairlane.  I took my driver's test in 1966 on a red and white Ford Fairlane Galaxy 500 XL.  The one on display wasn't a Galaxy, but it still brought back some great memories.

When I see old cars, I think of my Dad.  He loved cars.  There were many new and used cars coming and going through our driveway as I was growing up.  I know he would have loved to have wandered around with me to look at those cars.  I think it would be fun to wander around those cars with Flyn, too.  I can't wait for her and Jim to get that old Studebaker Avanti up and running!  No one had an Avanti at this show. I hope someday Flyn and Jim can have it so spiffed up that it would be a wonderful addition to any car show.




2 comments:

  1. Reby,
    Big congrats for the loss this week, that is fantastic! That car show also sounds like it was a lot of fun, I am glad you enjoyed it!

    Learning To Live Again – My Weightloss Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Brandie,
    Thanks for the encouragement and joining my blog. I will be checking yours out soon!

    ReplyDelete