Monday, June 4, 2012

Still following the plan.

I am almost done one full week of my new plan to lose weight, the plan that includes the morning walk.  Yesterday I set another new personal best by shaving five seconds off my time. I went one mile in a bit over 19 minutes.  Today I just didn't have it in me to beat that time, so I went one mile in a bit over 20 minutes.  That's still not bad. I also did 22 minutes on the weight machines and 20 minutes of swimming.  It's been a good day.

I have kept my calories low, and unless I mess up terribly tomorrow night when we are eating out at Sweet Tomatoes again, I should have a nice loss for the week posted on Wednesday.

Yesterday was a tough day because we drove two hours to St. Petersburg to watch the Orioles play the Tampa Bay Rays.  It was the rubber match in the three game series, and they lost 8-4.   The Orioles pretty much handed everything to the Rays.  Mark and I proudly wore our orange colors and matching Oriole hats, but it brought them no luck.  Sigh.

Today I had better luck. I played Mah Jongg and won FOUR games.  That's a lot for me!


2 comments:

  1. Did Nick Markakis and Matt Wieters come to root you on at your Mah Jongg game?

    Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Markakis is on the disabled list and Wieters was too busy!

    ReplyDelete