Friday, May 3, 2013

Having fun

When Mark and I went to Arundel Mills Mall on Wednesday, we amazed ourselves at our walking.  We went two times around that oval track, and this time I used my RunKeeper app on the phone.  Turns out that track is a mile.  We walked 2.1 miles in 41 minutes, which is just about a record for me for all time.  We also had time to do some shopping, so it was a great day.

Yesterday we shopped at our FAVORITE store, Seven Mile Market.  What a treat!  There are NO kosher stores like this in central Florida.  We spent over $200 in there.  For dinner we picked out one of our favorite things, too.  We had baked chicken breasts stuffed with kishka, hot wings, salad, and broccoli.  This wasn't our healthiest choice, but, OH BOY, was it good!  I didn't get on the scale this morning, but I would guess it is up.  There's plenty of sodium in those prepared foods and plenty of calories, too.  We also did not walk except for the hour in the store.  I hope to do better today.

My brother Kip came over yesterday to do some work on Cindy's house.  It was great seeing him again and chatting about our kids.  His son, Logan, is graduating high school this year.  He has been attending a special school for the arts, so his senior art exhibit is while we are here.  It's going to be a lot of fun to go see his work.  He's an amazing artist and will attend MICA (Maryland Institute College of Art) in downtown Baltimore in the fall.  That's quite an achievement.  Go, LOGAN!

 I also read Lowell's book from cover to cover, TWICE!  I actually enjoyed every one of the nine stories as much, if not more, the second time around.  I remain very impressed with his writing style and content. He's a deep thinker, for sure, but anyone can enjoy these stories because the readable style is so entertaining.   I have already bought this one copy, but at the reading Mark and I will probably buy another dozen or more copies.  Anyone who wants a copy can get one at the reading on May 10 or can contact Lowell about how to get one directly from him for $10.  Once he sells the 100 copies he has in his home right now, he will release it to be sold on Amazon and as a Kindle.  He needs to make his money back from the investment in the 100 books first!  I hope it's a HUGE success, and I'm hoping he gets busy with his novel next.

No comments:

Post a Comment