Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Lowell has an MFA! Wow!

Yesterday was all about going to see Lowell graduate.  It was AWESOME.  I am still bursting with pride and have almost no words to describe the feeling.

The only hitch in the whole day was that I forgot to give the camera to anyone else, so there are no pictures of me, the proud Mama, standing with my son.  Sigh.  OH, well...that's not that bad.  I was there, and I was flying.

And yes, Bill Cosby was also there.  LOL!  He received an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Humane Letters.  I'm sure he has several of those already in addition to the actual Ph.D. in Education that he earned himself from the University of Massachusetts.  He was GREAT!  But not as great as hearing Lowell's name announced and watching him walk across the stage.

It's also weigh-in Wednesday.  Last week I did not report. I can't remember why; I only know I didn't do it.  I did weigh this morning.  It's bad, 270.5.  That's a five pound gain in two weeks.  Yeah, that's bad.  Too much eating, no exercise.  Now it's a new day and a new opportunity. 

OK, here are some pictures of Lowell's graduation day. 

We found Emily in line outside the Lyric Theater.

Before we went in, her parents, Pat and Phil, joined us.

We saw Lowell file into the second row!

Bill Cosby was a great speaker.

Lowell's name was called and he walked across the stage!  Here he is having his stole placed around his neck.

The happy graduate and his fiancee.

Looking great!

Father and son!  What a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment