Friday, May 17, 2013

Logan, Shavuot, and Family Dinner

Tuesday evening we had the wonderful opportunity to see the senior art show at Carver Center for the Arts and Technology.  My nephew, Logan Wyatt, had many of his pieces on display. He is an AMAZING artist and will attend MICA, Maryland Institute College of Art, in the fall.  Mark and I were especially happy that we happened to be up here for this event.  So many friends and relatives came to it that Logan was overwhelmed with the turn out.  He also SOLD many of his pieces.  Pretty impressive.

After attending Logan's show, we went back to the house for dinner because Tuesday night began the holiday of Shavuot.  We had a lovely, traditional dairy dinner of blintzes and cheesecake, all of which wreaked havoc on Mark's sugar levels!  Then we went to shul to stay up all night for services and study sessions.  This is the first year in possibly decades that I have actually made it awake all night. I think it was partly because this year's study sessions were among the finest ever.  They really kept me awake.  I was even so awake that I had no problem driving all the way back to Cindy's house without feeling too sleepy or sick.  We had breakfast with Cindy and then slept from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.  Not bad.

The holiday continued through Thursday night, so that's why there have been no blogs since Monday!

Tonight Lowell, Emily, Logan, Denise, and Kip will be coming over for Shabbat dinner. I'm pretty excited about that!  Mark is making a huge pot of White Chili with Chicken and Turkey.  I'm making a salad, and we'll get a fresh challah today from Seven Mile Market.  It should be a lovely evening.  I will also get to hear all about Emily's first outing to shop for a wedding dress with her mom.  I'm very excited for them. It's such a quintessential mother-daughter experience.  I loved doing it with Evey, and I'm very happy that Pat and Emily are having this experience today.  I will be happy to hear all about it tonight!

Logan at his gallery showing.

One of Logan's large charcoal drawings.  This one sold.

One of his sculptures.

Three generations of Wyatt men: Jim, Kip, Logan

Cindy and our niece Emily, Logan's sister

No comments:

Post a Comment