Friday, May 31, 2013

Herkimer!

We had a lovely drive from Baltimore to Herkimer yesterday.  The weather was warm and sunny; the traffic was light.  Mark read lots of interesting articles from the USA Today and various magazines as I drove.  It was a perfect road trip!

We arrived safely at 6:30 p.m. and found both Barb and Ron at home.  I was surprised to see Barb come out of the house because I thought she was going to be at work until 7 p.m.  Turns out she got off early. We enjoyed getting a tour of the house.  It was built in 1899!  Wow!  Interesting, big old house. 

Today we are all going to take a 90 minute cruise through Lock 18 on the Erie Canal into the Mohawk River.  Then tonight Mark will go with Ron to shul in Utica.  It's going to be a lovely day.

There will definitely be pictures of everything eventually.

As for my food, it was very good yesterday.  I had my 200 calorie breakfast, Subway salad, a little snack in the car in the late afternoon, and a great salmon salad dinner with a 1/4 of a baked sweet potato that Barb made us for dinner.  In the middle of the night when I was hungry I had a handful of Mark's almonds.  There was no opportunity for exercise, but I'm sure the calories weren't too bad.  Oh, yeah, there was a shot of whiskey on the rocks in there, too.  Hm...well, at least I hope the calories were pretty good.

Ron lost a LOT of weight a few years ago, 75 pounds, and has maintained it for two years.  We talked a lot about that last night and learned more about the diet plan he followed.  It is called Diet Solutions.  There is no doubt that it has worked for him.  He has reversed his Type II diabetes and is off all medications for that.  I don't know enough about it to do it for myself, but it might be something to look into. 


No comments:

Post a Comment