Tuesday, January 7, 2014

below freezing in central Florida, OUCH


It was predicted to go below freezing over night, down to 30 degrees here in central Florida.  The high for today will be about 46-48.  That's very cold for this area.  I know it's toasty warm to some of you who may be reading this up north!  LOL!

Don't worry about us.  We can handle it for a few days.  Saturday is predicted to be record highs for the date, mid to upper 80s.  I guess I can bundle up until Friday when it's going to hit 82.

Don't hate us!

I talked a lot yesterday about getting back on track.  I just wish I had practiced what I preached.  I did log in all my calories, so that's why I know I ate over 3000 calories.  Yikes.  Why did I do that, you might ask, when all my meals were at home? Theoretically I had total control over all the meals.  Breakfast was perfect; dinner was perfect.  Lunch was ridiculous.  I don't know why.  I started out with a salad and a can of tuna, my usual good lunch.  To spice it up a bit I added some Bacos and Parmesan cheese.  Not terrible, but too much of each.  Then a piece of Gouda cheese.  Then I ate the leftover Linzer tart cookie that I bought at the Contemporary Resort at Christmas.  There was no calorie count on it, but I estimated about 450 calories for that dang thing.  (Well, it was delicious if that means anything.)  And then I thought, well, I should just be sure all the crap gets cleared out of the pantry.  There were six chocolate truffles in there, leftover from a delicious tower of goodies that Pat and Phil sent us for the holidays.  I ate all six.  There was a calorie count on there, so that was about 300 calories in the box.  Hm...should have stopped there, but NO!  There's MORE!  I went to Mah Jongg at 1 p.m., as I often do on Mondays.  My neighbor was giving away one pound bags of M and Ms because her son had given her FIFTEEN bags of them!  Really?  Who gives someone 15 bags of M and Ms?  So, she insisted everyone take a bag.  I am nothing if not helpful and obedient, so I did not argue. I took my bag.  Then I proceeded to eat about half, maybe a little more than half, of that bag throughout the rest of the day.  Yeah, that's how I had so many calories.

Well, you know what they say...when you fall off a horse...or a wagon...

So today I'm going to try to do better.  I have a mani/ped/hair appointment at 1 p.m., which could totally run right to 4:30 when I have to go to a 5 p.m. rehearsal.  If I don't get to come home to eat dinner, I am going to walk across the street at 6 p.m. to the Bistro and have a slice of pizza for dinner.  I guess that won't be too bad if all I eat today is the slice of pizza and lunch.  Lunch will be noon, just before I head out to the salon.  Breakfast doesn't look like it's happening at all today since it's already 9:40.  I slept in, and I haven't showered or dressed yet.  I might as well just get busy with those things, make a few music recordings for the SOJC choir, and then have lunch and head out.  That means I had better be careful when I get home tonight after rehearsal, around 9:15 p.m.  I will have to be careful not to snack too much and definitely stay out of the M and Ms.

Because I'm a complete masochist, I just got on the scale to see what happened. Lo and Behold!  I'm down a smidge over a pound to 246.3.  I bet that if I can drop a pound with that calorie count that it was just water weight from all the sodium in the cheese yesterday.  Today will require actual work to keep the calories in the 1200 range.  I can do that even if I have a slice of pizza for dinner because I should be out of the house a long time.  Night time snacking is the only possible downfall for me today.  I will just promise to do my best.

Here's a few more pictures from the cruise, days 4 and 5.  Bundle up and stay warm.

It was windy in Gautemala!

All ready for our shore excursion in the bay.
Just walked around the dock in Roatan.

Beautiful day in Honduras.

Enjoying the deck and looking at the Roatan dock.

Swimming on the Lido Deck.  The pool water was about 90 degrees!

Sunset sailaway in Roatan

Specialty dinner that night at the Canaletto restaurant with Jim and Lucie.

No comments:

Post a Comment