Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Get up and go to school. You'll feel better," said Bill Meese, to anyone who would listen but mostly his kids.

Yeah, that philosophy worked most of the time. I had good attendance in school.  It didn't work the day I had my appendix out.  I didn't finish that school day and ended up with emergency surgery.  Well, you can't be right all the time.

I'm going on his philosophy today, and I hope it works for me.  I have developed another nasty cold.  I felt it coming on slightly on Sunday and hoped it was my imagination.  On Monday, I knew it was true.  Yesterday I actually bailed out on a Starliters vocal rehearsal because I can barely talk let alone sing.

Today I have a 9-12:30 rehearsal with Mark for Laughter on the 23rd Floor because I'm one of two people doing props.  From 2-4 we have a H.E.A.L. meeting that Mark is leading.  I'm presenting some recipe conversions for spaghetti and meat sauce.  From 6-10 I'll be driving to and from and leading a rehearsal at SOJC.  I can't sing at all, but I have everything recorded.  Hopefully they will do all the singing.  Mark will be going to the Disney Fan Club meeting here at Solivita, so I'm on my own out to SOJC.

So...if EVER there was a day when my dad's philosophy needs to work, it is today!


No comments:

Post a Comment