Saturday, January 11, 2014

Today...Epcot

It's summer.  Really?  It's January 11.  No one told central Florida because it's going to be in the mid-80s with afternoon thunderstorms.  Sounds like summer to me.

We all had an excellent day at Magic Kingdom with Reuben yesterday.  No rain either! 

I ate a lot, but I walked a lot, too, so I'm down a bit this morning.  I'll take it.

Today we are doing Epcot all day.  Unfortunately, today we are taking a backpack full of rain ponchos with us!

Evey had her MRIs and saw the ortho doc yesterday.  The good news is there is no labral tear, which was the concern and the reason for the MRIs.  The doc also thought the inversion in her hip wasn't too bad, either.  The bad news is that there is no good reason for all this hip pain.  Now he wants to do an arthogram, another type of scan with injected anaesthetic and dye.  She will schedule that next week when she gets back from her fun weekend in Disneyland.  So...doesn't look like I need to fly off to CA any time soon.  The doc also wants her to do 6-8 weeks of PT, including e-stim and ultrasound.  Since she works in PT and administers those things to others, she is not convinced that it will help her.  She has already given up Zumba, jogging, and squats for about two months.  That hasn't helped any, but doctors like to take conservative approaches first.  I think she's going to try the PT anyway.  I"m not sure what else the arthrogram will show, but she's willing to try it.  I think she said that if it doesn't show any significant defect in the hip joint, the doctor will start looking for problems in muscles, nerves, back, and spine next. 

Evey, I'm sure you are not reading my blog this morning because you have better things to do in Disneyland today, but if you do, consider yourself virtually HUGGED.  ((((()))))))

Wish I could give you a real one!  But next best, here's a picture of me hugging you at the airport when you flew home after Thanksgiving.

Wow!  That picture surely does show the 15 pounds I put back on since then!

Here's a few pictures from yesterday at MK with Reuben.

Waiting for lunch at Be Our Guest restaurant in the new Fantasyland.

Haunted Mansion queue

Between Liberty Square and Fantasyland are the new "Tangled" themed restrooms.  That's Rapunzel's tower in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment