Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Late Weigh in Report

I did weigh myself yesterday morning, but I was sort of busy, which is why I didn't get around to writing a blog.  As I suspected, it wasn't a good weigh in.  I am up two pounds to 244.4  I ate a lot of meals out, beginning last Wednesday, so I wasn't too surprised.  This week I should only be eating one meal out.  We have been invited out for dinner Friday night, and I'm planning on attending a dinner at the Rosen Center Saturday night with some other synagogue women.  (So far I haven't registered or paid, so I guess I'd better get busy on that today.)

We did get those two for one annual passes to Sea World on Sunday, but it took two full hours in line.  Some people behind us bailed out and bought two regular passes.  They decided the $92 they would pay for the second ticket wasn't that expensive compared to two hours of their time.  We decided the opposite!  Now we have them.  We went in and had fish and chips at one of the restaurants, a cafeteria style place, which I haven't seen anywhere for awhile.  Interesting.  Then we just walked around the big lake on the one side of the park.  We walked through the Shamu Up Close attraction.  It is just letting people in to see the orcas swimming around their "backstage" pool.  Kind of fun.  We also looked at the mommy dolphins and their babies swimming around their tank.  It was cute, too.  There are a lot of shows, so we will schedule some days to go and catch all those shows throughout the year.  These passes have no black out dates, but they do not include parking.  We don't care.  It's all good.

Yesterday morning I had two back-to-back doctor's appointments, which was why I had no time for a blog.  First I went back to the GYN to get the results of the Pap test and the ultrasound.  Pap is normal and the uterine lining, which had been too thick two years ago, is now normal.  Unfortunately, the cyst that was there two years ago is still there, although essentially unchanged.  It grew by .2 mm, insignificant.  It's the size of a grape, but it causes no pain or symptoms.  He said he wants another ultrasound in May, and then if there is no change, I should just regularly check it every year to be sure nothing ever changes.  So that's all good in my book.  Then I quickly ran off to the six month check up with the radiation oncologist.  Again, all is good.  I will see him again on September 3. 

I came home, ate a quick lunch, and went to play Mah Jongg.  I hadn't played in a few weeks, so that was fun. I won two games; one was a weird closed hand, which is especially fun.  After that, I grabbed a short nap, a quick dinner, and then off to Starliters rehearsal.  Another great day, albeit busy and tiring!

Today I get to have a more relaxing day.  I'm going up to Lifestyles to book some dates in the fall for our HEAL group, and I have another 6 p.m. call for Starliters rehearsal.  That's it.  So I will have a lot of time to myself today. I'm going to read and work on my jigsaw puzzle.  I'll probably watch too much TV, too.  Meanwhile, I've been obsessed with reading things about being a DVC owner on the web.  There are lots of forums and reviews out there, so I've done a lot of reading.  Like everything, there are people who love everything and people who pick at everything.  I think Mark and I are going to be in the "love everything" category!  We can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment