Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sleeping in is NOT overrated.

Tuesdays are often the only day of the week that Mark and I get to sleep in.  By that I mean waking up whenever our bodies just wake up without an alarm clock.  For me it was about 7:20 this morning, so it's not like I'm a big slug-a-bed anyway.  Still, it felt great not to hit a snooze button a few times before dragging myself up.

I have a mani/pedi at 1 p.m. while Mark does grocery shopping.  Then I have Starliters from 5-9 tonight.  The morning is all mine!

My GYN appointment went well yesterday, but because the last time he saw me in 2012 I had some problems, he scheduled a sonogram for tomorrow and a follow up appointment to discuss the results next Monday.  I do not anticipate any problems with any of that.  Anyone interested in what the "problems" from two years ago were (truthfully, I doubt there are any of you out there), you can go back and read the blog from January 25 and 27, 2012.

Looking back at those blogs myself, I noticed that my pictures are disappearing.  I have no idea why. I guess the blog only maintains pictures for a certain length of time.  In some blogs, half the pictures are there and half are gone.  The captions are there, but there's a minus sign in a circle where the pictures were.  I have no idea why.  What's the point of posting pictures if I can't go back and enjoy them again at some future date?  That's just bizarre.  If anybody reading this blog has any ideas on why the pictures are gone, please let me know in a comment or private email.  Thanks.

Today is Emily S.'s birthday!  There is a huge snowstorm hitting the mid-Atlantic and NE today.  She is home safe with Lowell, who is working from home.  They have cupcakes, wine, an egg poacher, firewood for their fireplace, and two cuddly dogs.  What more do they need!  I am really looking forward to their wedding this summer.  It will be a bummer if those pictures can't stay on this blog for more than a few months.

Because I never ask Mark to hide my scale anymore, I'm hopping on it every morning.  Today I'm down another pound to 241.3.  I'm excited about that.  I still have 9 pounds to lose again to get back to that lowest point of 232 for this round of losing.  Still, I'm starting to regain my control, so we'll see how it goes.  Tomorrow we will be eating lunch and dinner out, and then all three meals out on Wednesday as well.  Hopefully, it won't set me back too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment