Friday, January 10, 2014

Disney Days

Yesterday was busy with a NARFE meeting and errands and ended up at Jiko's for a lovely dinner with Reuben and his friend Robbie.  We found out that Jiko's has a special vegetarian menu!  Nice.

Soon we are heading over to Wilderness Lodge to pick up Reuben.  Robbie will have already headed to the airport via the Magical Express bus.  Mark, Reuben, and I will spend the day at the Magic Kingdom.  Today's weather will be a high of 82 and sunny all day once the morning fog burns off.  Yay!  A perfect Disney day.

Out on the other coast, Evey is flying to Disneyland this evening.  Eric is doing some snowboarding up north in Vancouver, if I remember correctly.  Evey is flying south to meet up with a girlfriend and spend a weekend at Disneyland.  How fun for them all!

Evey is also under some stress over hip pain.  She has had xrays and a preliminary diagnosis.  On Tuesday she had an MRI.  Today she is having another MRI for additional views and then speak to an orthopedic surgeon about the results.  There are no good answers, so surgery or living with pain may be the two options.  No one wants either one.  I am anxious on her behalf.  If she needs surgery, I will be flying out to CA for as long as she needs me to help out with shopping, cooking, laundry, and taking care of her.  I wish Mark could come, too, but he has rehearsals for the theater group's play.  It would really leave them in the lurch if he had to miss a few weeks of rehearsal.  I might be able to stay in Starliters even if I leave for a few weeks.  If not, I am easily replaced!  My daughter is more important.

At Jiko's in the Animal Kingdom Lodge with Mark, Reuben in the plaid shirt, and Robbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment