Friday, August 8, 2014

Back at "home." Well, Cindy's house, which feels like home.

Thank God for my sister Cindy, and I mean that sincerely and completely.  I have loved her for her entire life, but since my cancer diagnosis in 2010 when she opened her home to us to live in for six months at my absolute WORST, I can never repay her, thank her, or laud her enough.

Now she has this fabulous NEW house in Linthicum, which is just beautiful.  Coming back here after the two weeks at Lowell and Emily's house felt like coming home. It truly did.  I sat out on her "lanai" this morning with my cup of coffee (lovingly provided by Mark) and my cell phone, watched the squirrels chase each other and a bird chase a bunny rabbit, felt the cool breeze, and listened to birds chirping. It was a peaceful slice of heaven.

THANK YOU, CINDY!  You are an amazing woman, and I love you so much!

We certainly did enjoy Lowell's house, too, but that three floor house with two sets of stairs was tough. We loved the dogs, the cuddling and cuteness factor, but walking them was tough.  So, all in all, we are glad we did it and glad we could help out, but I'm glad it was only for two weeks.  We are glad to be back at Cindy's, all on one floor!

Today we are going to take care of some errands, and I'm finally going to the Greenbelt National Park for that Passport stamp.  We'll get the car washed, do some grocery shopping, pick up some meds for Mark at CVS, and not worry about whether the dogs are in the crate for too long.  I love dogs, and I've had a lot of them in my life, but having not had one now for 6 years, I realized I no longer want to do all that work!  That's why it's good to enjoy someone else's dogs now and then.

Lowell and Emily are home safe and sound.  They loved the crazy, frenetic greeting they got from Trillian and Ozma.  I'm sure they enjoyed sleeping in their own bed last night, cuddled up with the pups.  I'm very glad we were able to contribute to their honeymoon bliss by house and dog sitting so they didn't have to worry about anything.

And I was only 261 on the scale this morning.  Woo Hoo!  I'm starting to turn things around.


No comments:

Post a Comment