Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Good to be home

It's good to be sitting in my own home this morning as I type a blog.  Wow!  We love our house. 

We had an easy drive for two days.  There was no rain and light traffic every where.  There was a bit of a rush hour coming through Orlando at 6 p.m.,  but nothing as bad as the DC or Baltimore area!  On the way home, we made plans for breakfast at the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Resort tomorrow morning with Barb and Al.  We'll be celebrating our birthdays, mine belatedly and hers a day early.  So, we decided we needed to stop at Downtown Disney to buy the Tables in Wonderland discount dining card.  Unfortunately, DTD is a MESS.  It's been under construction for a very long time as it is slowly transitioning into Disney Springs.  We saw the parking deck is coming along, but meanwhile, it's nearly impossible to park there.  We gave up and drove to Epcot.  Mark renewed the TiW card, then we walked back to Morocco and ate their fantastic veggie platter and wine for dinner.  How cool is it that we can do that?  VERY COOL!

We got home at 9:30 and had the whole car unloaded by 9:45.  I made TEN trips from the car to the house.  Fortunately that's not a long walk and there are NO STEPS!  We didn't bother unpacking anything until this morning.  We were just exhausted by then!

Of course, it was great sleeping in our own bed and using our own shower this morning.  I LOVE my shower!  Today Mark has to go shopping since we barely scrounged up stuff for breakfast, and he's going to go pick up two months worth of comic books that they held for him at the store. Tonight I have a rehearsal at the synagogue.  Things are back to normal!

I did weigh myself this morning.  I was 261, which means I gained 8.5 pounds in the 8.5 weeks we were gone.  That's sort of amusing to me.  Now I need to get back to normal and try to undo this damage.  Of course, there are the usual stumbling blocks, meals out and parties.  To counteract those, I need to exercise more, which is easy here, and not snack out of control in the house.  Right now there's nothing in here to snack on, so that should be easy.  LOL! 

Of course, our happiness at being home was tempered with the news that Robin Williams had committed suicide on Monday at age 63 and Lauren Bacall passed away at age 89 of natural causes.  Two giants of the entertainment world are gone.  Sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment