Saturday, August 16, 2014

Shabbat at home

I am still 261-ish, maybe a fraction over, since I weighed on Wednesday morning.  I have been having fun, exercising (I swam 20 minutes of laps yesterday, played mini-golf on Thursday, and lifted weights on Wednesday), but I have eaten a breakfast out, a lunch out, and a dinner at a friend's home.  All of that is enough to keep me the same.  That's good, but I wish I was keeping a lower number the same!

Mark and I decided to stay home and chill out today instead of rushing off in the morning to shul.  Sometimes we just have to crash on a Saturday.  Today is the day for that!  LOL!

We had a great time at breakfast at the Kona Cafe and mini-golf at Fantasia on Thursday with Barb and Al.  On Friday we went to Cypress Cove for the first time in over two months.  Mark got a haircut while I swam laps.  We had lunch there and then worked in the library for our three hour shift before heading to Shabbat dinner with Ed and Susie Goldberg.  I love going to a friend's house for dinner in Solivita because it's always such a nice short drive home late at night!

Later today we will go to the gym again for lifting weights and maybe a short walk to view alligators in the nearby ponds.  We haven't spotted one since we got home.  If it's too hot or raining, we will NOT be walking.  Tonight we plan to watch the Blu-Ray of Frozen that Evey got for Mark.  We only saw it once in the theater, so we are really looking forward to seeing it again.  Tomorrow we will spend all day at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the special event Frozen Summer Fun.  We will view a parade, see the characters, attend a sing-along, and view the special fireworks.  We will also eat lunch and dinner at the park.  With any luck, the walking will keep me the same, AGAIN!

Here are some pictures from the last few days.

Goodies we brought back from our SD trip.

All the goodies Lowell and Emily brought us from Europe!

B'fast at the Kona Cafe with Barb and Al.

Barb and I both have August birthdays and were born in the same year!

Our birthday buttons.

Because it was our birthday, we got complimentary Mickey golf balls.  So now no one say that Barb and I don't have balls!

Although I had the worst score of the four of us, I did get a hole-in-one on this hole and the last one.

Mark and Al playing.  Al was the big winner. Along with Barb, they were the winning team.

Great day with great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment