Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Fun in Delaware

Yesterday we went to Lewes, Delaware for a quick visit to our friends' new retirement homes.  The Herschlers bought a brand new single family home in an over-55 community called Independence.  It's gorgeous, all on one floor, with three bedrooms and a den.  The Rosens bought a two story townhouse in a brand new family community called Breakwater, with three bedrooms and a loft.  They both took possession in early July within a few weeks of each other.  The homes are built by the same builder.  They even chose the same type of granite for the kitchen.  They have all the latest bells and whistles in their homes.  Spectacular!

It was about 2 hours and 45 minutes each way, so since the dogs can only stay in the crate for 8 hours, we didn't have much time to actually visit with them.  We went to the Herschlers' home first, then got sandwiches to take over to the Rosens' home to eat for lunch.  Then it was time to go. I know they would have liked us to go to the beach and state park, but we will have to put that off to another time.

Mark and I enjoyed touring Dave and Evey's Clubhouse with its indoor and outdoor pools, gym and fitness center, party rooms, ballroom, etc.  It reminded us on the outside of Vinny's clubhouse in NJ.  Dave and Evey are trying to produce a variety show, so that should help them meet fun, talented people like themselves.  We talked with Jeff a bit about making new friends in their new community.  Mark reminded him that there is no way to make new old friends.  New friends are great and necessary, but they can never be the same as the old friends.  So true!

I hope we can get back to stay a few nights overnight with them, go to the beaches, go to Rehoboth, and enjoy the community amenities.  Their homes and communities are just lovely.

On this trip, we have visited Vinny and Annette's retirement home in NJ and the two places in DE.  Mark and I think they are all beautiful, but we both agree that we are happy with our home and community in Poinciana.  Solivita has it all, as far as we are concerned.  We are both itching to get back and spend some time there!

Today is cleaning day.  The kids are in Venice, Italy today.  They are taking a tour of the main sites in the afternoon and a romantic gondola ride at night.  Tonight they sleep on the ship for the final time.  They disembark early tomorrow morning, but they are staying one extra day in Venice, in a hotel, before flying home Thursday.  What a trip!  Meanwhile, although we have done laundry and dishes and kept the kitchen clean, we haven't done anything else in the house.  I plan to clean the bathrooms and floors today.  I might do a little dusting. I'll see.  I don't usually do any of that at my own house because I have my cleaning team, Carol and Abdul.  LOL!  I have to clean today because I plan to spend 8 hours out of the house again tomorrow for my birthday.  I want to go to downtown DC and get some more stamps in my National Parks Passport.  At least I found it!  Thursday we will pack, wash up all the sheets and towels we used, make up the bed and lay out fresh towels for them.  We also have to clean out the fridge of all our stuff and get everything back over to Cindy's house. I want to leave their house for them the same as we found it, which was clean and tidy.

It's my last day of being 63!  Tomorrow I turn 64, so in one more year I'll be going on Medicare!  Geez, I'm getting old, but I'm happy to be allowed that chance to grow old.

Here's a few pictures from our friends' beautiful new homes.

Entering Dave and Evey's community

Outside of their house

The kitchen

Jeff in the living room

Dave, Jeff, and Mark in the living room

Inside the clubhouse

Indoor pool

Outdoor pool

Dave and Evey showing of their new Delaware tags.  I remember being very excited when we got our new Florida tags, so I know they are beaming!

Entering Jeff and Sara's community

Jeff is turning off the alarm before we enter.

They don't have much furniture yet because they are not going to live here full time for awhile.  Looking at the kitchen from the living room.

They did buy a beautiful table with benches and stools for the screened porch.  Came in handy for lunch.

Mark, Dave, Jeff, Evey, and the new froggy.

Kermit Rosen can greet everyone who comes to visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment