Monday, August 11, 2014

We are finally starting the long drive home to FLorida.

Mark said that yesterday was National Lazy Day!  We felt like we did it justice for a lot of the day.  We got up in the morning and spent about an hour packing up our suitcases and organizing all the stuff that we have to take home.  It's all laid out and waiting in the foyer to be loaded into the car this morning.  Most of the rest of day, up until about 4:45 p.m., we just relaxed.  We read, played on the computer, and watched the Orioles' game on TV.  I spent about two hours sitting on Cindy's lanai (screen porch) reading my book.  It was a lovely day.

The best part was when we drove over to Columbia to have dinner with Lowell, Emily, Pat, and Phil.  We had dinner at the Hickory Ridge Grill, close to their house.  Then we went back to their house for presents and honeymoon pictures.  We could not believe how much great stuff they brought back for all of us.  It was just amazing!  I lost track of all the fun things Emily gave her parents, but Lowell gave us all of this: a little bucket of chocolate olives, a hand carved Pinocchio, two t-shirts for each of us (Regal Princess Inaugural Cruise and Athens, Greece), a fantastic 8x10 photo of them on Formal Night on the ship (something I had specifically requested!), a magnet from Greece, a Leaning Tower of Pisa mug, Murano glass pendant necklace for my birthday present, Lemon soap from Positano, Lemoncello from Sorrento.  There may have been more, but I can't even remember.  They were so generous.  We were stunned as the gifts just kept on coming.

Lowell and Emily, thank you for all of these wonderful things.  It was nice to know you were thinking of us on your honeymoon.

Now we are going to load the car and get on the road.  We will stay overnight in our usual spot, Florence, SC, which is about 495 miles from Cindy's house.  It's a long drive, but Mark and Carol are driving out from Myrtle Beach to join us in the evening.  That's a nice thing to look forward to on the drive.  We'll have dinner and breakfast with them before heading to Florida on Tuesday.

Our 62 day odyssey, our nearly 9 week trip, is finally coming to an end.

Friday night we had a Shabbat dinner with Cindy in her home.  Thanks to Cindy for everything.

Saturday I played Mah Jongg again with the Mishkan Torah Mah Jongg Maniacs.  Debbie, Robin, Annie, me, and Arlene.  Sue and Janet had already gone home when I remembered to ask Mark to take a photo. I won four games!

Sunday evening dinner: me, Lowell, Pat, Phil, Emily, and Mark

Lowell said he got me some olives that I'd finally like!  I think he's right.  They're chocolate!

Mark and his Pinocchio

Cool mug!

Emily is giving her mom something beautiful.

Spending time with my son and his wife, PRICELESS!

Later we spent an hour or two in the basement looking at their honeymoon photos.  Lowell and his dog Ozma! 
Oh, and before I close, I guess I had better report that it is Monday Weigh-in Day.  I am 262 this morning.  So I'm up one since Friday morning.  Well, once I get home, I guess I'll have to get back to more exercise and less snacking.  Of course, I already have a lot of meals that will be eaten out and a five day cruise in September, all the things that keep losing weight difficult for me.  I'm not going to worry about it today. I feel happy and healthy despite weighing 262 pounds.  I just want to focus today on driving safely to Florence, SC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment