Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve

Happy New Year's Eve Day, everybody!  It's a foggy, gray morning at about 63 degrees, going to a high of 72.  I can't complain.  I'm sure many of you are shivering at far lower temperatures.  Tonight around 7 we are going to the home of friends Susie and Ed for some cheese and crackers and wine.  At 8 we will go with them to the Solivita New Year's Evey party at the Village.  There will be multiple venues with food stations, cash bar, Champagne for all at midnight, party hats, both live music and a DJ dance in different locations, AND fireworks at midnight!  We went two years ago and had a blast. I think it will be even better this year because we will be with Susie and Ed and the food choices are better for us.

Last night's dinner with Ed, Barbara, and Edward turned out great.  Mark outdid himself with the crockpot chicken.  Barbara actually ate it and LOVED it, but she appreciated the panko-crusted baked cod as well.  We all shared the two pieces of cod just to get a taste of it because it looked so good.  We had a congenial evening.

This morning I checked on the availability of a 2BR at Aulani in Oahu for August 2.  It's STILL there!  Tomorrow will be the last day I check it because on Friday I can BOOK IT!  It looks like we really will be going there for my 65th birthday celebration with the kids.

Last year I didn't write a blog about New Year's Eve. I  know because I just looked back.  Mark and I had gone on the Solivita New Year's Eve cruise on the Ryndam out of Tampa. It was a BLAST.  The last blog of 2013 was on Dec. 29 about heading to Tampa.  

Two years ago I wrote a blog recapping my weight since my highest in 2009 on the first of each year.  Here it is again.  I can add that this morning I was 271.4, which is actually down about a pound since yesterday, but clearly not a good weight.   I guess tomorrow I will fill in what I will be on January 1, 2015.

2009: 322
2010: 213
2011: 250
2012: 262
2013: 267
2014: 246
2015: ???

 So enjoy the last day of 2014.  It's been a fabulous year for me and Mark personally because our son Lowell married his love, Emily, on July 12 of this year.  We got to spend a lot of time with our family, and there is nothing more fun than that.  We were healthy and happy all year.  I know that not everyone can say 2014 was so great for them.  Some of our extended family and our friends lost loved ones this year.  We were especially saddened to say good bye to our dear friend Georganne Larsen in July and then Dave Spevack just last week. I pray that those families have happier times in the upcoming new year. So I say good bye to 2014.  You were a good year for us. 

I only hope 2015 is just as fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment