Monday, October 4, 2010

The Big Reveal






We left very early this morning for the echo cardiogram at the hospital. I was apprehensive, thinking it might hurt because of my sore left side, but it was very easy and no discomfort at all. The plan had been to head straight to the hair salon, but somehow that didn't happen. Instead we went to the pharmacy, the gas station, Starbuck's, the gym, the Co-Op grocery store, Denny's for lunch, the bank, the liquor store, Weis Market, Kohl's, and Target. Finally there was nowhere else to go but the hair salon.

I got exactly what I wanted, or at least exactly what I told him to do. Much to my surprise, Mark didn't hate it. In fact, he said that he actually likes it. I'm not sure I like it, but in two or three weeks, this, too, shall pass. In the meantime, I feel like I look like an old gray-haired woman where there used to be the illusion of youth with long, blond hair. Sigh.

Enjoy the pictures.

9 comments:

  1. If you are seeing this with the five pictures nicely lined up one on top of the other to the right of the text, Hallelujah! That's how I set it up; however, when I look at my blog now, it is looking funky. The words are crammed off to the side in a weird way and then all at the bottom of the pictures, and the five pictures are sort of out of order. Sigh...I have no idea why. Mark got it to show up once correctly, but I have not. At any rate, the five pictures are there, and I'm sure you can get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can still go blonde. Mark loves YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you look good both with long and short hair. It has to be a shock to you since you are used to long hair. I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you get through your surgery. If you feel up to it at all, remember the Cancer Care group gets started up again tomorrow. Take care of yourself and keep the cruise in mind as you start getting ready for the chemotherapy Wednesday. I am glad that your husband is doing okay with your haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhonda,
    Thanks for the reminder about the support group starting up again tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that. How long have you had your port? It must be quite awhile now. I'm definitely keeping that cruise and my daughter's wedding in mind. It's all about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did indeed procrastinate that hair appointment today! Your new hairstyle looks so nice, Becky! I know it is temporary, but it is very flattering. Glad to hear that Mark likes it, too. It may become your new look! And it is so special that your locks will make someone else feel better. Glad the day went well. Good luck tomorrow. And what a wonderful brother to hold a "shave your head party" in your honor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky,

    What I have always loved best when I look at you in person or in pictures is your smile, and that has not changed. You look marvelous! You are
    powerful! You are awesome!

    Love,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it. I agree with Nadine--your smile lights up your face. And I think the cut is youthful--not old lady. The pictures lined up exactly the way you wanted them--perfect pictures--perfect cut. I think it gives your face energy. And--what you gave up were Locks of Love--fitting donation I think. Kudos to you for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky,
    I got my port in February 2010. Good luck today with your surgery! You will like the port.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone. I think I like it better by the light of day this morning. I'm on my way to go get the port, leaving in about 45 minutes. I'm glad you like it. If I feel good after Wednesday's chemo, I'll be showing off my new look at the synagogue on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete