Saturday, October 16, 2010

Shul, Pool, Walking, Baseball, and Marmaduke

The title just about covers my day. We went to the synagogue first thing this morning., and I had a great time. No one had seen my short haircut yet, so they were all amazed. Everyone always says it looks really great, but I just told them not to get too happy about it since it will be gone the next time they see me. If the next chemo session goes the same as the first, I'll feel too icky next week to go to shul, but the week after, I'll be back. It would be great to go every other week through this whole process. I really enjoyed singing all the prayers and chatting with my friends. It's hard to explain how uplifting both the prayers and the chatting can be.

Mark went to the gym next. He didn't actually use the pool this time; he just used the weight room. I sat in the car reading Eat, Pray, Love. My sister loaned me the book. I'm almost done the first section, which is the eating part in Italy. It's an enjoyable, easy read so far, but my sister didn't like it after the Italian part. I'll have to see how I feel about it. I hope to see the Julia Robert's movie version when I finish.

When we got home, we had lunch and then took a walk. I was tired by then, so I didn't quite make it as far as yesterday. I did 31 minutes today, five shorter than yesterday. That's still OK. At least we went out there and did something.

After the walk, Mark put the Yankee/Rangers ball game on the TV and promptly fell asleep. I put on this week's episode of The Biggest Loser on my laptop and watched it and the game at the same time. Mark woke up after a few innings and watched it intently. We are rooting for the Yankees in this series and the Giants in the National League series. I think it would be fun to have both coasts in the World Series!

Tonight we will continue our new tradition up here of watching Solivita's Thursday night movie on Saturday night by renting it on iTunes. This week's movie was Marmaduke, so I already have it on my laptop ready to go after dinner. It's probably a really stupid, mind-rotting movie, but I think it's just what I'm in the mood for tonight.

Sorry that this was such a really boring blog. I really had nothing profound to say today. It was just a lovely, ordinary Shabbat day. Maybe that is profound all by itself.

2 comments:

  1. I like reading your blog. It is good to hear from you. A 31 minute walk is good. I heard that Marmaduke was a pretty good movie. I hope that you and your husband enjoy it. Have a good night!

    I am hoping by the way that you will feel better after this next week's chemo than you did last time. I will talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rooting for the Yankees, eh? Do you guys think you really can afford to engage in such avodah zarah right now? I mean, what's next? Drawing pentagrams on the floors? Mugging old ladies in the park? It's a short road down to the dark side, you know. :>

    ReplyDelete