Friday, October 22, 2010

Looking forward to another great day!

Yesterday I had a great "day after chemo" kind of day. It couldn't have been better. Yes, there were some anti-nausea meds, but they didn't affect me in any kind of negative way.

I went to the hospital for my neulasta shot. Here's a picture of me getting the shot. It doesn't hurt at all, and so far, once again I had no side effects. All good.

Last night I noticed that when I ran my fingers through my hair, there was hair on my fingers. I put them on the front of my t-shirt and did it again, and again, and again. Pretty soon I looked like I had been cuddling a shedding dog or cat! I shook everything off into the trash and stopped running my fingers through my hair! Still, it's a start, and it proves that shaving my head on Sunday is not going to be a minute too soon. I just hope I still have enough hair left by Sunday to shave off! LOL

The only other side effect I'm noticing now is extremely dry eyes. I was told to buy Natural Tears eye drops and use as needed. I find that a few times a day and at bedtime is definitely necessary. I'm also having much more acid in the stomach and take Tums, not just at bedtime as prescribed following the parathyroid surgery back in '03, but at least twice more during the day. I might need to find out if there is something stronger that I could take. I'll see how it goes today.

Yes, I had a blast with Lowell last night. Mark's shepherd's pie was a huge hit! I'd eat that again, for sure. I'll see him again this Sunday for my party and next Thursday is already confirmed! Yay!

I took a 30 minute walk yesterday and felt great doing it. As promised there are a few pictures here today from the neighborhood walk the other day. Whatever the uploading issue was, I guess it's resolved now. I hope to walk again today. Mark and I are also going to go out to lunch at the kosher Subway and then do some grocery shopping at the kosher supermarket, Seven Mile Market. We haven't been there for awhile, and it's always lots of fun. It's really convenient and fun for us to live only 20 minutes from Pikesville and all the kosher and Jewish stores.





No comments:

Post a Comment