Thursday, November 3, 2011

Eco Safari










We had a great time at the Florida Forever Eco Safari. Although they have zip lines, special high in the air on a wire bicycles, and horseback riding safaris, we chose the relatively tame coach tour. It was so much fun. We saw a lot of alligators, both big and babies. It's a working cattle ranch, so there are lots of horses and cows. Some in the herd are crackers. That means they are direct descendants of original horses and cows brought to Florida by Spanish explorers. Fascinating.

We hope to take some friends and relatives over there when they come to visit. It's a bit east of St. Cloud, so it took about ninety minutes to get over there. It was worth the drive!

I did pretty well on my diet yesterday. I had about 1500 calories by the end of the day. I would have liked to have had a little less and a little more exercise, but I was able to drop three pounds of water weight. Now I have to get serious about the fat weight! It's really on there now. I was stunned by some of the pictures of me yesterday and also how my clothes feel. I'm 256.5 this morning, and most of my clothes are just not fitting right anymore.

Today we are leaving soon for our monthly NARFE meeting at the Outback in Plant City. I will have the fish, salad, and steamed veggies, so that's pretty good. It's also free wine night at the Lakeside restaurant, so I'll be having a glass of white zinfandel, grilled salmon, salad, and veggie there as well. After the dinner, tonight's movie in the Solivita ballroom is Bad Teachers. I don't think it's going to be a great movie, but we go to all of them no matter how stupid as long as we haven't seen it before. I hope the calories today are reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment