Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Stayed the same

That says it all. Last Wednesday: 257; today: 257. Hm...I used to feel reasonable about saying the same, but not so much now. It was bad enough when I was waffling up and down from 245-250, which I have basically done from last February when we came to Florida for good until mid-October when we drove to Maryland to go on the Carnival Pride cruise. Now I'm waffling ten pounds higher. I am carrying the ten pounds I gained on the cruise and making no progress.

I guess part of it is that we have spent a lot of time going to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, both of which involved a lot of calories. I suspect all the walking involved kept me from gaining and allowed me to maintain the weight for the week. It's still not good, though.

Rhonda, I sang my solo last night in front of the whole group. I was nervous, but I guess it went ok. Lots of people complimented me, but one lady that I sing next to regularly commented that I sounded nervous. She was RIGHT! I was nervous, and the solo is so short that there's not enough time to get the butterflies out as it progresses. Sigh. Well, it was good enough for the first time in a rehearsal. I have one more rehearsal to sing it in on November 29 and then the show is December 2. Two other ladies sing it on the other two nights of the show. That makes it easy for me!

Today we are heading north to Florence, SC. We hope to leave by 8 a.m., and so far it seems we are on track to do that. Tomorrow night we will be back in Cindy's house. I'm really looking forward to seeing her again. I am taking my computer and will always be able to write blogs and check emails on this trip. I'm also taking my scale this time. I am going to try really hard to spend the next two weeks staying the same, or even losing. I do NOT want to come back the Monday after Thanksgiving and find that I am in the 260s. The cruise in January is going to be no fun at all if I don't lose some weight before I get on that ship!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad the solo went okay on Tuesday. I hope that you have a wonderful time on your trip. I am sure that bringing your scale and being near Cindy will help you lose a little. I thought that I remembered her as the one who exercises all the time. I want you to be able to lose enough so that you will have a wonderful time on your cruise.

    ReplyDelete