Saturday, November 19, 2011

Good times






We had a long two day drive to get to Cindy's, including some slow back ups involving overturned potato trucks and rush hours. Still, we have had a nice time once we got here.

We especially enjoyed having kosher Chinese food for dinner Thursday night, with leftovers for Friday lunch. Shopping at Seven Mile Market for kosher food was also highly entertaining.

Shabbat dinner with Ken, Cindy, Lowell, and Emily was fantastic. We served matzo ball soup, kishka and gravy (and everyone agreed it was wonderful!), challah and wine, barbecued chicken, brussel sprouts, brocolli, potato kugel, and cupcakes for dessert. Delicious!!

Today we went to services, and it was fun to catch up with everyone. Then I played Mahj with my girlfriends. Annie is always so wonderful. This is the third time she has provided us lunch and a place to play Mah Jongg after services. I can't thank her enough. I had no luck today at all, so I didn't win a single game. I don't care. It was still fun.

Soon we are driving to Ellicott City, about an hour from Cindy's house, to have dinner at a restaurant with Lowell, Emily, and Emily's parents. I am looking forward to meeting them.

I've been fighting a nasty cold all this time. The urge to cough is very strong, but I know it will destroy my voice. I'm sucking down Cold-Eeze and throat lozenges like crazy. Also all this food! OY! You know what that does to me. The tons of sodium in the Chinese food really has me retaining fluid. I was up four pounds this morning since we left the house on Wednesday. I ate well for breakfast and did well at Annie's for lunch, too, but I still have dinner tonight to get through. I don't like the pictures I took of myself here at all. It's really showing all the weight I've put back. From my lowest point, I've put back almost half the weight I took off. Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment