Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Second Time

Mark and I are going back to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival today. There are lots more countries to visit for lunch today, including the Brazilian mahi mahi and the South African bunny chow. I can also do some more holiday shopping.

Yesterday instead of Mah Jong, 10 of us went to the Hadassah Luncheon and Fashion show. It was OK. The fashions came from a local department store called Belks. I've never been to one, and I wasn't inspired to go there by the fashions yesterday. The lunch was egg salad, tuna salad, waldorf salad, and bagels and cream cheese followed by gigantic cookies and brownies. Oh, it was yummy, and I ate way, way too much.

Mark made me a terrific dinner from Hungry Girl, but I blew it by eating a ton of saltine crackers with margarine. I am up four pounds today, so the five I lost have turned into only one. My weigh in last week was on a Wednesday morning, so I think I'm going to shift my weigh ins from now on to Wednesdays. I'll see how it goes tomorrow morning after Epcot. I'm counting on the walking again.

I'm feeling depressed about it because for six months I've been in the mid to upper 240s and whined about it constantly. I have not been able to get back to something lower. NOW I have hit the upper 250s!! How horrible that's going to be if I don't get out of this range before the next cruise in January. Before I know, it I could be worrying about getting out of the 260s or 70s again. From there it's just a hop, skip, and a jump, or possibly two cruises, to the three hundreds. OY! This has got to stop.

This morning Mark read on our local forum that there was a PANTHER sighting last night just a few streets away from us. Really? A panther? That is huge news because they are so rare. I hope they eat the wild hogs!!

3 comments:

  1. Becky,
    I continue to love reading your blogs and enjoying how much you are enjoying life. It is so good for you to be so happy now after the last tough year you went through. I hope that you can find a way to stay encouraged about the weight loss efforts. You are a wonderful person that brings alot of joy to others with your upbeat attitude on your blog. I am very thankful that I got the opportunity to meet you online. I will be thinking about you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about the panther sighting. It turned out it was just Peter Sellers out for a stroll. (Cue Henry Mancini music...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta dum. Ta dum. Ta dum da da da da da daaaaaa duddda da.

    ReplyDelete