Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving






We had a most enjoyable day today at my sister Flyn's house. We had Kip, Denise, Logan, Jim, Flyn, Katie, Cindy, Jackie, Jim's son Scotty,and Jim's friend Ron and me all around the Thanksgiving table. Flyn worked really hard to make a beautiful table and a great dinner. Thanks, Flyn, for all that effort!

Jim and Ron had prepared some buckets of dirt from their gold mine. We watched them pan for gold. Kip even took a turn and found a few little bits. The weather outside was especially nice.

I did miss my kids, though. This is the first Thanksgiving that I spent without them. I called Evey a few times on the phone. We both had wi-fi so we were able to see each other on our iPhones to talk. That was fun. She spent the day with Eric at Eric's aunt and uncle's house in Mission Viejo, near LA. She had a wonderful time, but I sure missed her.

Lowell spent the day with Emily at her parent's house. I spoke to him on the phone finally, late in the evening. I know he ate well and was surrounded by people who love him, but I still missed him.

We are going to spend two more days here with Flyn, Jim, and Katie. We hope to go see the new Muppets movie tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a great time with family and friends today. I know that even though I missed my kids, I was thankful that they were both surrounded by people who love them as much as I do. I am thankful that I have so much fantastic family. We are a blended, mixed up bunch of people who love each other dearly. I just hope that everyone who reads this blog had as wonderful a day as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment