Saturday, February 9, 2013

Carnival Freedom

Mark and I will be heading to the Freedom around noon today, so there won't be as many blogs. I might post a few, but I'm not promising.  It just depends on how much internet time we buy and how busy I get.  I hope everyone has a great week while we are gone.

Yesterday was a lot of fun.  The Water Taxi in Fort Lauderdale is lovely and cruises past so many unbelievably beautiful, big, and monstrously expensive homes that it is surreal.  We enjoyed our lunch at the Cheese Culture and our dinner with Dave and Evey.

There was only one wrinkle in the whole day.  Just be we were leaving for dinner, my glasses snapped right in half at the nose piece.  I called a Lens Crafters at a local mall and was able to get them fixed in only five minutes.  Remarkably, they had the exact same frames, so it was just a matter of taking the lenses out of the broken frames and popping them in the new ones.  Although I hadn't planned on laying out over a hundred bucks for a new pair of frames yesterday, I was very happy that I could get them so fast.  I also felt like it was a little miracle that it happened when it did and not after we got on the ship today when I could not have done a thing about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment