Monday, February 4, 2013

WACCO FOR FLACCO!

The Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl last night.  It was awesome, a really great game.  As Mark said, "If I only ever watched one football game, it sounds like I picked a good one."  Oh, boy, did he ever!  Mark and I stayed home and had our own little Super Bowl party. It was a nail-biter game at the end, but the Ravens held on to their lead to win it all.  Nice!

When I was in Baltimore for my chemo, Mark, Evey, and I went to one of the kosher delis to pick up some Thanksgiving food, including a pre-cooked turkey. In the store, there were purple and white t-shirts with Hebrew on them hanging up for sale. I asked Evey to tell me what it said.  She didn't immediately recognize the Hebrew words, so she slowly sounded them out and said, "Wacco for Flacco?"  I burst out laughing!  She had no idea what it meant, but I had been seeing that on t-shirts in English all over the town.  Last night, EVERYBODY was Wacco for Flacco, and he was named the MVP.

After Evey's admonishment about having my blog deteriorate into a daily log of activities, I don't know what else to write today.  I had a great weekend with shul, friends over for dinner, a new hair cut, and a concert to raise money for the American Cancer Society in addition to the Super Bowl.

As for food, I was pretty good on Friday.  I probably ate too much with our guests on Saturday night because I was up a couple pounds.  I put out the leftover hummus, veggies, and pita chips along with some fruit and cut up cheese cubes for Super Bowl appetizers.  Then later in the game, Mark made veggie chili with low fat hot dogs for dinner.  I think there was a lot of sodium in the cheese and chips because I'm up another couple of pounds this morning.  I'm not worrying about it because today and tomorrow will be perfect, calorie and exercise-wise.  There is no reason for it not to be.  I will be sure to post my weight Wednesday morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment