Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Golfing Day

I heard too late that it is National Pancake Day, so I have not had a pancake today.  Sigh.

Mark and I went out to the Fantasia Fairways miniature golf course today.  It's the other side of the Fantasia Golf at WDW near the Dolphin and Swan hotels.  Mark tried this course last January with Kip and Denise.  After two and a half hours, they had not completed it.  Today it took us an hour and forty minutes, but we did finish.  Mark beat me by just one stroke. I was up by two at the half way point, but he really excelled in the second nine holes.  It's a very difficult course.  Tiger Woods played the course and did poorly, so why should I think I'd do well?  In fact, Tiger Woods said it was the hardest course he had ever or would ever play.  WDW CEO Bob Iger was playing with him and beat Tiger by one stroke! 

We also stopped into the Art of Animation for lunch at the food court, which is called Landscape of Flavors.  It has a very interesting menu that includes a lot of vegetarian choices.  Mark and I both had the roasted acorn squash with two sides.  Our sides were spinach paneer and cauliflower in tomato sauce.  Everything was exceptional, although the spinach was a bit too salty for me.

Tonight we are going to a concert at the ballroom in Solivita. It's a Broadway Revue type of thing with two singers, male and female.  The proceeds all go to the Solivita Performing Arts Council, which gives money to the local schools to help them out with their arts programs.  A very worthwhile cause to me!

Some dear friends of mine have learned today that they dealing with potentially very serious health issues.  More tests will be needed to determine the full extent and develop a treatment plan. I prefer not to mention them by name in this blog yet, but I know they read the blog and will know I mean them. My prayers and love and healing thoughts go out to them today.

Here are some pictures from our day at WDW.










No comments:

Post a Comment