Sunday, February 24, 2013

Looking like rain

The forecast calls for a 50% chance of rain over most of central Florida today.  That's a good thing because it is really looking dry around here.  This morning it is all gray and overcast, so I think the forecast is right.

Unfortunately, we were planning on going to Epcot between noon and 3ish today.  I had better take the backpack with rain ponchos in it, like summertime.  It's going to be a high in the low 80s, so it's not quite like summer.  Hopefully, the rain won't make us too cold.

First we are heading back to SOJC for Purim services again.  I don't believe we have ever gone to a morning Purim service before.  Our rabbi scheduled it this year because it's a Sunday, so all the kids are going to the service from 9-11 a.m. instead of class.  Then from 11-1 they will go to their usual Purim carnival. I am thinking it will be chaotic and packed with kids over there this morning.  I seriously tried to talk Mark out of doing this, but he wouldn't here it.  "It's a mitzvah to hear the megillah twice."  I'm sure it is, but once would have been enough for me.  Whatever...

At Epcot the "Voices of Liberty," the magnificent group of 10 men and women who sing a capella patriotic songs inside the American Pavilion, are singing special songs today because it's the end of President's Week.  They are honoring the presidents with songs, so I'm curious to see which songs they pick.  It's part of this year's Limited Time Magic events, so today is the last day for this event.  We have no idea what time of day they are singing, but we are hoping we can catch a performance sometime before 3 p.m.

Around 3 we plan to leave Epcot and head over to the hospital to visit Al N.  He is recovering really well from his spine surgery on Friday.  He posted a picture of himself on FB yesterday standing up and smiling.  Awesome!  He still has a long way to go to fight the myeloma that has attacked his spine, but this is the first step. 

And then tonight it's the OSCARS!  Wow!  This year's Oscar nominations are all great.  We have only seen a few of them, but every one that we saw was wonderful.  All the ones we haven't seen yet are supposed to be wonderful, too, so I don't know how the voting will turn out.  Mark and I are both excited that we can be home and watch the whole show tonight.  That doesn't often happen for us with our busy schedules.

I don't want to talk about weight today.  I will weigh on Wednesday and discuss it then. I feel like I'm doing a little better, but I also don't feel like I'm dropping any weight.  I ate too much lunch yesterday at the bat mitzvah's luncheon; however, breakfast and dinner were very low in calories.  I hope that compensates for the big lunch.  We didn't stay for the ice cream sundaes after the megillah reading last night.  We received one shalach manot basket on our way out, so when I got home, I did eat my half of it for a bedtime snack.  That was one hamantaschen, one miniature peanut butter cup, and one super tiny piece of a lemon biscotti.  It was all absolutely delicious!  I just hope that it didn't add any weight.  I'm seeing the doctor for my four month check up in March, and she will NOT like this weight right now. 




1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting.

    airboat tours orlando

    ReplyDelete