Saturday, February 23, 2013

Shabbat Zachor

This morning Mark and I went to our shul here in Florida and found that there was a bat mitzvah.  It was also Shabbat Zachor, Lowell's bar mitzvah portion.  Of course this comes around every year, but I still get a kick out of being at a bar or bat mitzvah this day. It reminded me of Lowell's bar mitzvah, which I thought was great.  It's almost unbelievable that it was 21 years ago for Lowell.  Wow, I'm old!  LOL!

It's also Purim tonight, so we are going back to shul for the megillah reading (the book of Esther).  A lot of people will come in costumes, including our rabbi and cantor.  Mark said he will go as a cowboy.  Wait, I'm pretty sure that's not a costume for him.  I thought about wearing my pirate outfit from the Disney cruise, but it all seems like too much effort to find the t-shirt right now!  I think I'll go in the same outfit I wore this morning and have sat around in all afternoon.  I really think that's about as much of a costume as Mark going in a cowboy outfit.  LOL!!

This year, because Purim is a Saturday night, our synagogue is having a morning service tomorrow during the school time to read the entire megillah again at 9 a.m., followed by the annual Purim Carnival at 11 a.m.  Yes, we are going to that, too.  We are skipping the carnival, and after the service, we are going to Epcot and then over to the hospital to visit our friend Al after his back surgery.  The surgery went well and he is feeling good as he recovers. I saw a picture of him standing up today!  That's good progress.

I'd love to hear what all of you out there reading this blog are doing this weekend.  I haven't been getting many comments on the blog anymore.  I sometimes get private emails about it.  Feel free to let me know your weekend plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment