Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Vacation is almost over!

I am in a Comfort Inn in Deerfield Beach as I write this.  Our vacation has only one more full day and then a day to drive home.  We should be home Thursday night.  I can only say it has been GREAT!

I have not even had the time or inclination to sit in front of the computer to write a blog.  To those who read everyday, I apologize.  But I did warn you that it could be awhile before you got another one.

Tomorrow is Weigh-in Wednesday, but I didn't bring the scale on the trip.  I'll be weighing in at home on Friday morning, and I'll post it then.  I have a good feeling about it.  I really feel that I ate less on this cruise than usual. I know for sure that I drank less!  I also walked a lot.  Mark and I got on board and saw that 9 times around the jogging track was a mile.  That very day we went around 10 times and planned to add one each day.  We did that, although we had to use the gym treadmills to complete the two miles on the last day because it was dangerously windy up on the jogging track.  We also did the weight machines every other day, just as if we had been at home.  Each of our three shore excursions were also very active, especially the two solid hours of walking in Panama City.

In general, this will go down as one of our best cruises ever.

We also have had a great time visiting Mark's aunt and uncle in Fort Lauderdale.  After the cruise, we went back to their beautiful condo because Mark had promised to install their new wireless printer for them.  We had lunch with them and a lovely afternoon's visit.

Yesterday and today we spent our time visiting our friends Walter and Lore in Loxahotchee, FL.  Actually their new condo is in Royal Palm Beach.  They bought it last year and we saw it just after they had signed the papers.  It was good to go back and visit it now that it's been painted and has furniture!  They call themselves "snowflakes" because they are in Florida only three months of the year.  Apparently, you have to be here for six months to be called a "snowbird!"  I never knew!  They took us to a great Thai restaurant one of the nights.  It's always good to see old friends.

Tomorrow we are going to the beach in Miami.  We haven't been there in over four years, so we are hoping the weather is perfect.  Then we head home on Thursday.  I'm posting a few pictures from the cruise for you to enjoy.  I probably will not write another blog until Friday morning when I post my weight.  Bye Bye for now!

We definitely walked this track almost every day.

Sail Away party!

Our excursion on Cozumel was to a beach.  We had lots of fun swimming here!

Mark beat me at mini-gold.

We lounged on deck chairs A LOT on this cruise because the weather was just so beautiful.
We all had to wear hair nets to go into the pineapple plant in Costa Rica.

Drying the pineapple
At the ruins of the old Panama City

Walking through the old Colonial city of Panama City as it is being restored

Low tide at the entrance to the Panama Canal, Bridge of the Americas in the background


The new city skyline in the background

A Valentine's Day surprise in my room

No comments:

Post a Comment