Monday, October 27, 2014

Early morning at Magic Kingdom

I don't have much time to write a blog because we need to head out early to Magic Kingdom.  We have a 9:15 FP+ to ride the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.  We also have FP+ for two other attractions, Peter Pan and Mickey's Philharmagic.  Then we'll decide if we want to stay and play in the park longer or come home in time for me to play Mah Jongg.

It's Monday, so I need to report my weight.  I've essentially stayed the same this time, 266.5.  I guess a half pound up isn't bad.  We ate many meals out in restaurants.  I had the three kiosks for lunch yesterday.  We had dinner out Thursday night and company Friday night.  So even though we did walk a lot around the parks, the calories were just right to keep my weight basically the same.

I finally uploaded my pictures from the last two times we went to Epcot's Food and Wine Festival.  Enjoy.

The new lumberjack show that is on the same stage that Off Kilter used.

One of the kiosks from last week.  They really make them look cute.

Yesterday we watched the new flag waving show in Italy.  A huge improvement over the comedy show that used to be there.

We have attended talks on coffee and tea in the pavilion.  This Sunday it was on kumquats.  There are dozens of recipes in this little booklet.  Essentially you can make anything out of a kumquat, according to the speaker!

They are like the size of a large grape tomato.  We popped the whole thing in our mouths and ate it, skin and all. The skin is sweet and the pulp is tart, so it's sort of a sourburst type of candy taste in your mouth.

Chocolate sculptures.  EVERYTHING in these statues is chocolate.



Finished off the day with a cup of Ghirardelli's "drinking" chocolate.  Hot and sweet, sort of like drinking something you'd like to pour over ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment