Friday, October 17, 2014

Normal xray. Yay!

I missed the call from the doctor's office last evening because we were taking a walk to see if I could do it.  We walked about 25 minutes and then sat by our local pool just enjoying the weather and view.  The dull ache behind my left hip is always with me, walking, sitting, lying down.  I wanted to see if it got worse walking, but it didn't.  Now I feel like I can go to Epcot on Sunday!

I hadn't carried my phone with me, so when we got back, I saw that I missed the phone call.  The nurse left a voicemail saying to call back.  So naturally, I worried all night that it was something bad. I went back into my patient portal on their website and saw that she had put down a referral to an orthopedic surgeon.  What?  Now I was SURE something was wrong.

This morning I sat on hold for 25 minutes, but finally the receptionist answered.  She said she could give me the results because the nurse and doctor were with patients.  She said, "Your xray is more or less normal, but she said if you are still in pain, she will refer you to an orthopedist."  Those were her exact words.

So...the xray did not show any reason for this dull ache.  My plan now is to keep taking 800 mg. of ibuprofen twice a day and the muscle relaxant at bedtime.  I will keep the sleep number bed pumped up firm and go on with my life.  In a little over two weeks I have my regular appointment with the medical oncologist.  If it's still hurting the same amount by then, I will bring it up with her.  If it gets worse, I'll go to the orthopedist.  What else is there to do?

Today is Simchat Torah.  We celebrate finishing the Torah and begin it again.  It's a happy day and also marks the end of all the fall holidays.  We will go in a few minutes, but it's one of the holidays that used to be a lot of fun at Mishkan Torah and definitely is NOT as much fun here at SOJC.  Oh, well....we will still go.

Ah, almost forgot to mention that my cyst is GONE!  I had to wait an hour in the office, and then the procedure took about 45 minutes.  But no pain and it's gone.  The doctor said he did one continuous stitch, but when I looked at it in the mirror last night, it looks like there are actually 8 stitches.  It's bigger than I thought, and there will be a nice big scar.  Who cares?  It's gone and it doesn't hurt.  I'll go back in 10 days to take the stitches out, and then I can go back in the pool.  Fabulous.


No comments:

Post a Comment