Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday, and company is coming for Succoth

First things first.  I weigh 266 this morning, meaning I lost a pound and a half.  Considering there was no exercise this week, I think that's pretty good.  I'll take it. 

My total calories yesterday came in at 1366, making my average daily calories for the week 1559.  That is still 41 calories a day over the limit I was supposed to have of 1518.  I'm happy I dropped a little bit considering I did exceed the limit and did not exercise.  Sweet.

Now that I dropped a little, the program took away ten calories a day.  My new limit is 1508.  I know that once I get down into the 240s again, the limit will drop to around 1300 something.  Yes, it gets harder to drop weight the smaller you are. 

Mark and I ate all three of our meals in the succah yesterday, which is pretty usual for him but might have been a first for me, at least this year.  Even back in Maryland I did not always go out for breakfast and lunch in the succah.  Many days I was gone to work instead.  The weather has been spectacular, very conducive to wanting to eat outdoors.  Tonight and tomorrow night we have company coming for dinner.  We're pretty excited about that.  Today's weather will be awesome, but it will probably be raining tomorrow.  Oh well.

As for my back, it's still there but improving.  We slept back in our own bed, and I do think I was stiffer this morning.  I'm convinced we need a new bed, but I just don't want to pay for it yet.  I'd like to wait a few months if my back can stand it.  I'm getting more hopeful that this is just a muscular thing, probably associated with the bed.  I'm still waiting to see that xray result come back normal, too.

This morning I have a bra fitting with the mastectomy bra lady who sold me 8 bras in 2011.  My insurance will give me 8 bras every year, but these were so well made that they have lasted well over a year.  This past year, though, I have noticed them starting to disintegrate: stretching out, hooks getting misshapen, elastic fraying.  It's time for new ones.  I hope to bring home 8 new bras today.  Then I'll go play Mah Jongg and hope to win at least ONCE.  After Mahj, it will be time to tidy up and get ready for the company. 

This should be another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment