Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Os are in trouble.


 Despite wearing all our best Oriole gear and watching the whole, LONG, game from the comfort of our couch, the Orioles lost the second game in the series.  Now they have to go to Kansas City and win at least 2 of the 3 games there, or it's all over. 

I went to synagogue, which was fine.  The drive doesn't bother me, and a few times I sat down when every one else stood up.  I took 800 mg of ibuprofen twice during the day and also the muscle relaxant twice.  We also slept in the new spare room bed.  I think it made a difference, actually. It's so TALL that I had to put a little stool in there to get in and out of it.  I was encouraged that I think my back was not as sore and stiff when I got up, but when it comes time to buy us a new bed for our room, I might try to go a little bit better. 
Even though the bent-over, barely able to walk stiffness seemed better this morning, I still have an uncomfortable achy feeling in the left hip area.  That seems to be there all the time, and that's the part I'm most worried about with having bone mets in it.  I'm really looking forward to getting the xray results later this week and to talking to the med onc about on November 5.

Today we were supposed to go to Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival.  I'm not sure I could walk that far, so we are skipping it.  Calorie-wise that will be a better choice!  I have actually lost a half pound as of this morning. When I logged my weight of 267.5 into the Lose It! app on Monday, it gave me a daily calorie budget of 1518.  According to the program, I would lose two pounds per week at that level.  Unfortunately, I went over that allotment on two days, making my average calories 1591 per day in the last six days. With only walking on two days (Monday and Tuesday), I guess I should be glad that I'm down half a pound this morning.

Here's the daily calorie total for each day.
Monday     1384, net 1136 after exercise
Tuesday     1269, net 1155 after exercise
Wednesday 1696, no excuse, ate too many almonds as a snack watching TV
Thursday    2341, ate dinner at friend's succah
Friday        1379, ate dinner in shul's succah
Saturday     1481
Sunday so far, breakfast was 258.

I will be eating all meals at home today, so I expect today will not exceed the allotted calories, as long as I don't cheat.




No comments:

Post a Comment