Monday, October 6, 2014

New Year and back to reality

It's Monday, and my weight is 267.5.  That's a pound up since last Monday.  Even though I fasted 28 hours, I had a huge meal before and after the fast.  Guess that did it.

I have not used my Lose It! program on the phone for so long that I can't remember the last time.  I logged the weight in today and noticed that I'm now up four pounds on the app since I started it. I began on Mark's birthday, March 12 of 2012.  So essentially, over the last two and a half years, I have gained four pounds.  Ridiculous.

Even sadder is that it shows that last year I was down 27 pounds at 239.7.  It's been a bad year for my weight.  I'm also noticing that this is the longest stretch that I've stayed in the 260s EVER.  Each time in the past that I got this high, it was after a vacation or cruise or special event, and then I immediately got back on track and dropped it within a month or less.  Well, this time I went this high on the trip to South Dakota.  I came back the end of July around this weight and have stayed put every since. 

What to do about it?  Hahaha.  Stupid question!  I know what to do about it.  It's getting my head in the game that is hard.  I think that getting into the Lose It! app this morning and logging in my weight and my breakfast is a start.  Also around 4 p.m. after I play Mah Jongg for the first time in a long time, Mark and I will take a long walk.  That will also be good.  Even though we have taken some long walks around theme parks last month, we also ate out a lot of meals in the parks.  That is never conducive to losing weight.  Looking ahead on my calendar, I see that I have no meals out until Oct. 20 on a day-long cruise with some friends.  That's two full weeks when I should be able to control everything I eat at home.  I had better take advantage of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment