Thursday, October 30, 2014

Mark is sick.

I can hardly believe that the last blog I wrote was on Monday.  Wow!

I'll work backwards.  So today we have cancelled all our plans (NARFE board meeting at Beef O'Brady's in Lakeland and dinner with friends at Lakeside) because Mark is still sick. 

Yesterday Mark woke up VERY sick.  I had gone out early to have blood drawn for next week's medical oncologist visit (routine), and when I got home, I found a very sick Mark trying to do laundry.  Crazy, I know.  He had hung towels up in the wrong place because he was so out of it.

He woke up with a fever of 101.4 and his blood sugar was 236.  The sugar was inexplicably high because he had eaten normally the day before.  Of course, fevers can raise sugar, so we figured that was the answer.  He took Tylenol and literally slept in bed all day long with brief excursions to the kitchen for meals.  I woke him up at 7 p.m. for dinner, or I think he would have slept until this morning.  He went into the bed at 2 p.m. after lunch and was zonked!!

We cancelled our dentist appointments yesterday and our SOJC choir rehearsal.

At least while he slept, I got a lot of chores done in the house.  I had recently bought a cheap, plastic, five-drawer tower from Wal Mart for the living room because I was accumulating so much new music from Guys and Dolls, Starliters, and the SOJC choir.  I sorted it out, alphabetized it, and got it all into the drawers.  Much nicer.  I also did dishes, laundry, made dinner in the crock pot, and worked on my puzzle.  That puzzle is going on its second year. It is just SO DARN HARD!!!  I am thinking I should have a puzzle party and bring in five or six more people to just work on it all day until it's done!  I hate to concede and just put it back in the box, although that's tempting.  I have seven other puzzles waiting for me that look like much more fun.

Well, now that I'm home again all day today, I will be out there again working on it.  I will also do the grocery shopping today since Mark is going to stay in and rest again.  If Mark is out of the bedroom, I can also put the laundry away. I have three baskets of clean clothes, but I didn't want to disturb him yesterday.  There's also ironing to be done.

Tuesday I got my stitches out!  YAY!  It didn't hurt at all to pull them out, although the surgeon said it would. He joked with me again that I must have no nerve endings in my back.  Nothing he did ever hurt, but the thing itched terribly as it healed, so clearly there are nerve endings in there.  I told him it was a credit to his skill that nothing hurt.  I was only disappointed that I have one more week to wait before I can swim.  Next Wednesday is it!  I'm definitely going swimming then.

Monday we had a long and fabulous day at the Magic Kingdom.  We had our Fastpasses for the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at 9:15 a.m.  We got there at 10 (the FP window is an hour), but it had just gone down for some reason.  We rode Small World and then the Mine Train was open.  Although many people have said it's lame, we disagree.  We loved it.  I was also thrilled that I fit just fine in the car and with the lap bar.  It has the kind of bar that is happy to lock at whatever position fits you.  Why couldn't Universal do that for Gringott's?  GRRR.

We also had Fastpasses for Peter Pan and Philharmagic.  We wanted to see the new Haunted Mansion gift shop, the updated parade, and the special Halloween statues at the hub.  Mark wanted to do the shooting gallery.  We also decided to try the new process of booking a fourth Fastpass when your first three are over.  Worked perfectly, so we rode Haunted Mansion.  We had flatbread pizzas at the Pinocchio Haus.  As long as we were staying all day, we made sure to do Tiki Room, Country Bears Jamboree, the big afternoon parade, Peoplemover, and Carousel of Progress.  Before we knew it, it was almost 6 p.m.  It was a glorious day at the Magic Kingdom!!

So now you are all caught up with our lives this week.  Sometimes things don't tun out as planned, but as long as Mark gets over this little illness, all is well.







No comments:

Post a Comment