Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Nothing to say today.

It's hard to write a blog when you have nothing to say.  LOL!

Some people might say that I do that all the time, and they are probably right.  Not long ago I mentioned to someone that I write an almost-daily blog.  They asked me what it was about.  I had to pause and think because I no longer had a ready answer.  In fact it was kind of embarrassing to say that it USED to be about weight loss and then it USED to be about breast cancer, but that now it's just about whatever I'm doing.

Yeah, I write a boring blog.  I realize that now.  I know I have a few loyal readers (and I thank you for that, especially when you send me emails making comments on them or sharing your stories), but mostly it's probably just too boring for most people to read.  I'm not sure I would read a blog like this written by someone else.  LOL!

When I started this blog, it did have a clear purpose.  It's purpose was to motivate me to stay on track and lose the weight for that hernia surgery in November of 2009.  I had lost a lot of weight between January and October of that year, but I was starting to lose focus and gain some back.  I thought that if I bared my soul (and my weight) online where anyone could read it, including my family, that I could get back on track.  It worked at the time.  I did go back to my diet plan and lose another 20-30 pounds by February of 2010. 

Then it became about Mark's heart condition, our big trip to celebrate my retirement, and our move to Florida, before I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Then for a year or more it was all about the treatment and how I felt about that and how I was doing.

Once the crisis was over and we were moved successfully, the blog lost its focus.  I do report my weight, most of the time, but I don't feel motivated to do well just because I'm posting it out here for all to see like I did back in 2009.  It almost seems like the weight is just another boring topic that I keep reporting just because....well, there's no real reason anymore. It doesn't motivate me to do well to write that I gained or lost a few pounds.  It's just factual reporting with no emotion attached anymore.

I do like writing about our trips and our fun times around Florida. I like posting my pictures of those events.  Mark really hates reading about other people's trips and looking at their pictures, so he would never read this blog if it was by someone else.  He only reads it because he's in the pictures sometimes, I think!  LOL

So today, I'm sitting here and thinking I have nothing to say.  I think I'm right.

Well I will do what I always do and write about what I did and what I will do.  Here goes.

Tonight is the last night of Succoth, so it's the last night we will have dinner in the succah.  We will have our friends Jonathan and Susan over for dinner.  Mark is making kosher beef bratwurst with grilled veggies, Brussels sprouts, and salad.  It will be delicious.  It's supposed to rain this afternoon, but we're hoping it lets up long enough to go outside, otherwise we will eat in the dining room.  We did eat outside last night with our friends Susie and Ed.  It was a perfect night for that last night.  I put the camera in my pocket to take pictures of us out there, but I forgot!  Crazy.  Then we played Rummikub with them after dessert.  That was so much fun.  We had not played that game in years.

Tomorrow I have my little in-office surgery to remove the remnants of that nasty cyst on my back. I will have a few stitches and a bandage for 10 days, and then it should all be over at last.  This thing has been ongoing since August 21, preventing me from swimming.  At least in another 10 days I can go back to the pool.

My back is still hurting.  I'm taking ibuprofen during the day and the muscle relaxant at bedtime.  We might have to bump up our timeline for buying a new bed.  I'm still waiting for the xray results.  Of course, I'll report them as soon as I get them.  LOL!  Just another boring bit of information about my life.

Hope your day is not boring, wherever you are and whatever you are doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment