Friday, May 22, 2015

Busy Week.

Rudy arrived Tuesday night as I said he would.  Wednesday and Thursday were just busy, busy, busy.  Short version of the two days is that I exercised on Wednesday, ate very well, went to a choir rehearsal at the synagogue.  It was a perfect day.  Thursday Mark and I had dental check ups that were perfect, shopped, and hosted a wine tasting party for 8 of us.

Today will be water aerobics, weight lifting, and working in the library before a wonderful Shabbat dinner tonight.

There were two unfortunate episodes in eating, however, to report.

First, when Rudy arrived on Tuesday he brought pecans.  In his defense, he called and asked if we liked pecans, and yes, we do.  I did not expect him to bring chocolate covered ones, salted ones, and cinnamon covered ones in addition to regular plain ones.  I ate about half a bag of the salted ones Tuesday night along with a handful of cinnamon ones before bed time.  So yeah, up that .8 pound that I had just dropped!  Then Thursday the party didn't go well for me either.  I had planned a few small snacks along with the wine.  Unfortunately, I did not stick to the plan.  I tried very hard to add up the calories of last night's party.  If I am even close, it was over 4,000.  If you are a lot of those pecans along with home made shortbread that one of the guests brought along with lots of delicious cheeses, among other things, well...it's not hard to add up to over 4,000 calories.  Also there was no exercise yesterday other than an hour and twenty minutes of strolling slowly through Publix as we shopped.

For some reason, my body took those 4,000 calories and only added about half a pound to me this morning, 273. 2 this morning.  I confess that I was relieved when I saw that!

Today I will be back to good habits.  Then I will face the next challenge, the two day holiday of Shavuot.  We study Torah and eat tons of dairy products.  Mark made a low carb cheesecake and some special ice cream sandwiches, both from Diabetic Living.  I have added them to my phone app program, and hopefully I will work them into my program appropriately and eat only one serving on any given day.  The pecans have been stowed away and out of sight in the pantry.  They need to stay that way!


No comments:

Post a Comment