Thursday, May 7, 2015

Two incredibly busy days!

I never had time to sit down and write a blog yesterday because the day was so busy.

First, a story about my doctor's appointment on Tuesday.  Short version: Didn't Happen!

Why didn't it happen?  They screwed up.  I thought I was making an appointment with the doctor, but apparently that's not what they did.  They gave me an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner.  I like Nurse Practitioners, and we had met her when Mark had his follow up appointment last year. I wouldn't have minded that, but I don't think they told me that when I made the appointment.  Oh, well...that wasn't really the problem.  The problem was that the Nurse Practitioner LEFT the practice a few weeks ago and another lady was hired.  Unfortunately, they did not move my appointment from the first lady's calendar to the new lady.  So I just got bumped out entirely and forgotten about.

Boy, they were surprised when I showed up. I don't think they even believed me that I had an appointment.  They said I probably was supposed to be at their other office site.  Then I showed them the paperwork they had mailed me to fill out and bring in. I had it all filled out.  At the top was the date and time of the appointment and the Kissimmee office address, all highlighted in yellow.  BOOM!  Gotcha!

So then they had to huddle over some computers about ten minutes trying to figure it out.  When they came back, they told me the story of the different  Nurse Practitioners and apologized profusely.  I now have an appointment with the new lady in June, and I also asked them to go ahead and schedule the actual procedure for the week after that because my weeks are so busy.  I had already flagged the week of June 8 as the best time for this.  Now I have my colonoscopy scheduled for Tuesday, June 9 at the Osceola Regional Hospital.  So this had a happy ending after all.

We went home and for some reason I got TWO ocular migraines, almost back to back.  Crazy.  I had an afternoon mani/pedi, so that was relaxing and the headaches subsided.  At night we went to the one-act plays, which were a lot of fun.  We sat with friends and talked to our friends in the theater group when the show was over.  We enjoyed that very much!

Yesterday, we had another busy day.  We went to water aerobics in the morning and no one showed up.  No other exercisers and no leader.  Weird.  Maybe it was announced Tuesday when we were having the ridiculous experience at the doctor's office.  Well, we did our own thing. I swam 20 minutes of laps and then did 20 minutes of the side-of-the-pool exercises.  Then we went to the gym for the weight routines.  Mark had to rush off to do grocery shopping while I tried to recover from yet another ocular migraine that left me with a bad headache.  I relaxed in a quiet house, took Advil with lunch, and worked on my jigsaw puzzle until our company, Barb and Al, arrived.  We went down to the airboat ride, not to ride but just to get a picture of them holding the alligator to get their picture up on my wall.  We went without Mark because he was still shopping. 

I had wanted to show them my new car and drive them down there, but Mark took my car shopping.  Unfortunately, his car chose yesterday to have the battery go dead.  Timing is everything. 

When he came back from shopping, we chatted in the house for an hour or so and then had a lovely dinner at Denny's before saying good-bye.  We have made a date for June 30 to spend the day together, ride the new Orlando Eye and then go to the new wax museum and aquarium nearby.  Should be a lot of fun.  Sorry we have to wait so long to find an open day!

Now for TODAY!  (I'm already exhausted just typing the last two days.  LOL!)

We are heading out shortly before 10 a.m. to Plant City and the annual NARFE picnic meeting.  Then we are meeting MD friends Steve and Janet at the Keel and Curley Winery, a blueberry wine place in Plant City.  After having fun at the winery, we will have dinner with them and get home late tonight.  Another crazy day!!  Busy and fun.  Nothing wrong with that.

Barb and Al with Richard, the gator.  This is the picture I put up on our wall.

I couldn't resist getting my turn with Richard.

Barbara is always a kidder! 



No comments:

Post a Comment