Saturday, May 30, 2015

Saul's Installation Shabbat and Birthday

Today in Boardman, Ohio our good friend Rabbi Saul Oresky is having his installation Shabbat.  It's also his birthday.  Congratulations, Saul.  So sorry we could not make it out there for this big day.  I know your family is there and the Rosens and some other friends have made the trip.  I can only imagine that this day will be fabulous.  Enjoy every minute of it!

I have no idea if he will ever see this because I doubt if he reads this blog, but I posted something similar on his Facebook page, so I know he'll see that.  I really posted this for myself so if I ever wonder when it happened, I can look here. 

Our progressive dinner last night was a LOT of fun!  We ate a delicious homemade zucchini soup and  a salad with challah at the the Sterns' house.  Mark's crock pot roast beef, garlic mashed potatoes, and broccoli, with challah and wine was fabulous at our house.  Then we had a huge selection of desserts at the Goldbergs' house.  We started at 6:30 and got home shortly after 11.  It was so much fun.  We all agreed that we should do this again in the fall, maybe late October, so that we can each take a turn at serving one of the other things.  Then we'll do it a third time next spring.  Everyone wants a turn to do the two things they didn't do last night.  It really was great.  It also super well here because we all live in Solivita only a short drive from each other.  I just love living in Solivita.

My weight is the same this morning as it was Monday morning.  That means I have not lost any weight this week, but I haven't gained any either.   Today should be a good day because we are eating all of our meals at home.  Tomorrow should be tough because we will have the wine tasting opportunity again as well as a huge meal out at the restaurant.  Well....what can I say!  This is how our life goes.  LOL!

Not sure what is happening today.  We probably will go to shul although I'm feeling tired and lazy.  I guess I'll let Mark take the lead on this.  When we get back, if the weather is good, we'll probably go to the Solivita pool to hang out with Rudy.  This is the last day he can go to the pool.  Tomorrow we are going to the Keel and Curley Winery with him and then Downtown Disney for dinner at Paradiso 39.  On Monday we will finally hit Sea World and then he heads north on Tuesday.

I think I forgot to report that Evey and Eric made it safely home from Peru.  They were both glad to get home and, as she said in a text to me, "eat some local foods and be surrounded by our native language."  LOL.  She also said she would be happy to eat raw veggies and ice cubes without worrying about their safety.  Sounds like Peru had some wonderful moments but also some really bad ones.  On a positive note, she also got her Apple watch when she got home and is enjoying learning how to use it.  I want her to bring it to Hawaii so I can play with it and decide if I also want one.


No comments:

Post a Comment