Monday, May 4, 2015

May the Fourth Be With You!

Star Wars Fans love today.

I doubt if we are doing anything special for Star Wars today, but you have to admit it's fun to say May the Fourth be with you.

Despite having company for a full week and eating dinner out twice, I lost 2.5 pounds this week.  That's a very good week.  I did a lot of exercise and did a reasonably good job in the restaurants.  Last Tuesday I did eat the entire bag of Pita chips the night before I went to the doctor, so that was a bad day, but from Wednesday at the doctor (281) to this morning is a huge loss.  I am quite pleased.  I'm actually down almost four pounds from March 12 when we left for Maryland, so I have definitely undone that damage in just two weeks.

This week there is no company and only one day when I will eat out.  On Thursday we have a luncheon picnic for NARFE in Plant City and then are meeting friends from Maryland for dinner.  That day will be a challenge.  Other than that all meals are at home and there is plenty of time for exercise.

I finally uploaded pictures of my car and a few pictures of our friends Cathy and Tom.  Because we spent so much time at Cypress Cove with them, I did not take any pictures.  Haha!  So not like me.  Anyway, just before they left yesterday, I snapped a photo in the driveway before they drove off.

My new (to me) 2013 Ford C-Max with only 25k miles on it.  I named her Candy.



I've wanted a hybrid for a long while, so I'm very happy to be sporting this word on the car.


I took a picture of Mark at the garage to highlight this gigantic magnolia tree.  Even though it's beautiful, it is blocking our view of the road as we back out of the driveway and it scrapes the side of his car.  It is being taken out this week.

Sorry to see such a beautiful tree be taken down, but it is not in a good place.  A gigantic rubber tree up against the back of the house that is blocking all the light outside our bedroom window is also being taken down.
Cathy, Mark, and Tom on Sunday before they took off for home.  We had a great week with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment